“Delicious thin pizza! Veggie”
Review of Vieja Lira

Vieja Lira
Ranked #124 of 572 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the nice experience of thin pizza with delicious salsas, 4 Stagioni with out proscuitto, we are vegetarians worked fine for us, we lost our waitress for some reason, disappeared, but shortly another arrived and continued a very with a very friendly service. Overall nice experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Despite saying repeatedly that we did not eat meat and could we make sure our dishes where vegetarian. Both arrived with meat
These are dishes that traditionally do not contain any
The food is not really Italian and is extremely overpriced and underwhelming
By far the worst restaurant I visited in Oaxaca
Avoid!!

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

We visited tonight and felt it was pricey for what we got. But first, the good things. The restaurant is attractive with good decor and a pleasant atmosphere. We were seated immediately, as it was not too buy. On the menu was a good selection of bruschetta - but in some other restaurants these are offered as an Amuse Bouche, gratis. We skipped them, and decided on a simple meal. I had the lasagne, and my partner had the spaghetti with meat sauce. Both portions were generous, and the food was decent, but more than either of us could eat. They serve wines by the glass, and some are maintained under nitrogen (others not). There was a good selection, but the prices by the glass are not written down either in the menu, or at the display where you make your selection. I understood the price of what I ordered to be 95 pesos a glass. On receiving the cheque I discovered it was 160 pesos a glass. Even if I assume my Spanish was the cause of the discrepancy, that's a lot for a glass of wine in Oaxaca!

When I consider that we ate splendidly a week ago at Casa Oaxaca (also with 2 glasses of wine) for far less, it's clear that the value is lacking at Vieja Lira, where the food quality is no better than average.

If you are really hungry, content with ordinary food, and don't drink wine, this may be a suitable choice. But do note the beers can be expensive too.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Finding all my favorite restaurants closed at 3:00 on Sunday afternoon, I decided to try Vieja Lira for lunch. What a delightful discovery! The pizza is delicious, the wine excellent and the atmosphere very pleasant. This goes right onto my favorites list! Next visit I plan to come in the evening and experience to roof terrace!

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Very accommodating. Customer friendly. We asked for good wine. Wanted a small plate of local cheeses, fruits and nuts. Presentation was beautiful.

Been to Vieja Lira? Share your experiences!