“Delicious Food, Friendly Staff”

Gotan Restaurante - Sucursal Revillagigedo 18
Ranked #150 of 5,280 Restaurants in Mexico City
Neighbourhood: Alameda
Neighbourhood: Alameda
A TripAdvisor Member
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

A group of colleagues and I enjoyed a delicious casual dinner here. The staff was friendly -- helpful explaining the menu and making recommendations. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Last Friday I visited this restaurant, it is a nice and cozy place, all the crew members are very kind and friendly, the beef, I don't remember where the guys told me it came from, was amazing, remarkable, very tender and juicy, we chose the "colita de cuadril", a very big piece that was more than enough for my family, good Argentinian wine and live sax music to string along with it

1  Thank jomirame
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Being an Argentinian restaurant it is here about meat, which is served in large portions. The meat is of good quality, and it is served with a smile. The staff pleased us by serving a small appetizer and offered at the end a kind of small cheese cake as postre. The only remark is on the red wine, which is served chilled (a typical Mexican way we have been told), and therefore needed some warming up.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

I went to GoTan, per my airbnb host's suggestion.  Let me preface the meal by saying that I was so happy that I almost cried!  It was AMAZING!

First of all, the service was impeccable; Sara made me feel at home.  When I told her that I'm vegetarian, she did her best to modify her recommendations to suit my diet restriction.  I really appreciate her efforts because most people either think 1) I only eat vegetables OR 2)  I eat chicken.  (I'm talking to you, American Airlines!)

For starters, I ordered the 4 cheese empanada and humi.  The former was PERFECTION!!!  I don't know what the four cheeses were, but I could have just had that and been satisfied!  But when I tasted the humi, I couldn't stop eating.

For the main dish, I ordered ravioli.  Sara had suggested pairing it with a mushroom cream sauce.  I'm usually not a fan of anything creamy, but I was glad that I kept an open mind.  And it wasn't standard issue mushroom cream sauce!  This Argentinian mix had toasted grains, topped with freshly-shaved parmesan cheese.  I had to consciously put my fork down in between bites!

Throughout dinner, my taste buds loved me!  The only reason why I finally stopped eating was because my stomach wouldn't let me!  I was so FULL!

Aside from helping me with my meal selection, Sara also chatted with me during my meal, but without hovering. She made sure I was fairing well, and that everything was up to my standards. (The owner came by at one point to clear a dish; she was very friendly as well.)

If I can help it, I want to have a repeat meal at GoTan before I head back to NYC.  Thank you so much, Sara!  And thank you, GoTan!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in an airbnb right beside this restaurant and went there with no expectations. And neither of us speak much Spanish. The food was delicious, but the service was *outstanding*. Our server was Elizabeth, who patiently explained the menu to us in slow and clear Spanish. She was fantastic. We had steak, nicely cooked exactly as we ordered. Also chips, and salad, and a bottle of Merlot. Not the cheapest meal we've had in Mexico City, but by far the best service. Highly recommend.