“Cannot imagine staying anywhere else”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 172 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We called late in the game for a place to stay during the holiday of Day of the Dead...and they worked to help us out and get a room. We arrived on a red-eye at 4 am in Mexico City and wanted to drop off our bags then freshen up before going on a walking tour. They provided a place to shower and a bed to nap in for three hours..at no charge, then moved our bags to our room when we were out during the day. Every morning you get a fabulous Mexican breakfast. You get a 6-8 pm Happy Hour with seemingly bottomless wine glasses while discussing the best places to tour with intriguing guests and are supported the friendliest staff I have ever met: Alejandro, Pepe, Ernesto and Victor to name a few.

The attention to everyones needs is better than any place I've ever stayed. The other guests had stories how the staff has supported them through loss of a cell phone (yikes!) and other stresses. I think they have seen and done everything!

Alejandro went out of his way to assist me in completing some complicated business transaction that I unexpectedly had to endure during my time in Mexico. After assisting me he later inquired if everything went well and if I needed any additional follow up or assistance.

Beyond the service, which was 6 stars (can I give 6 stars?), the location is an absolute perfect spot. You can walk to fabulous restaurants, bars, and interesting galleries and locations. Uber allows you to get to anywhere else you might need to go, that you don't want to walk to, for only a few dollars.

We will go back, if only to stay at The Red Tree House and enjoy the location, the staff and our fellow guests.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mgphillips1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 29 October 2017

This place was recommended by my wife's relatives and it did not disappoint. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Though I only knew the staff for a few days, the relationship I developed with them blossomed into one that felt of really good friends that you have known for years.

The main outdoor courtyard area was nice and relaxing to sit in and relax at all different parts of the day. There was a "happy hour" offered by the staff where free drinks were served and you could socialize with the hotel staff and other guests. It was a great opportunity to meet new people and find out different things to explore in Mexico City. I would definitely book this hotel again if I ever return back to Mexico City.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I've just returned from a 4 night stay at The Red Tree House and I have nothing but most positive things to share.
My friends and I arrived around 8 pm. We weren't even out of the taxi and we were being greeted by Victor and Ernesto. They helped us with our bags and took us straight to our rooms. We had perfect garden level rooms. Ernesto brought us wine and gave us a fantastic recommendation for a dinner close by. He always gave us wonderful recommendations.

The next morning we met even more of the amazing staff when Pepe and Alejandro arrived. Pepe made us feel welcome, introducing us to other guests and getting us a delicious omelette. Alejandro was a instant friend, with his friendly demeanor and great sense of humor. Our scheduled tour guide for the day had been in a car accident and he had an excellent replacement for us within the hour.

The daily fresh breakfast was delicious! Happy hour included generous pours of wine and an opportunity to meet other guests and exchange tips. Many guests ended up dinning together and sharing Ubers.

I HIGHLY recommend this B&B and feel so lucky to have stayed here on my birthday trip with friends.

One tip, pay in cash to save a 19% tax!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My friend and I stayed at The Red Tree House for four days in September and everything about it was wonderful! The hospitality is amazing, service fantastic, breakfast terrific, location perfect for walking everywhere..I'm running out of superlatives. Love and cheers to the staff at The Red Tree House, Mimi

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017

It’s no wonder this place keeps getting the #1 spot for B&Bs in Mexico City. Their website claims it’s like staying with friends, and it most certainly rang true with my experience. From the moment I stepped into the house, I felt the warm and friendly energy wash over me. There are so many amazing things to say about this place that I’m going to break it down by section for you!

HAPPY HOUR:
I arrived to The Red Tree House around 8 pm after a 14 hour day of travel and was exhausted. I was greeted by Victor, one of the amazing staff members who took my bags and suggested I relax in the living room with the other guests over a glass of wine. Before I knew it, I was sipping a glass of red wine by the fire, getting to know staff members and other guests from all over the world. I learned that happy hour was a nightly ritual at The Red Tree House from 6-8pm (which often turned into 9 pm!) where guests can get to know one another and unwind after a fun day of exploring. Since I am the type of person that likes to explore all day and keep it quiet at night, this was the most perfect nightly activity upon arriving “home” each evening.

THE DECOR:
Craig, one of the owners is a lighting designer and all-around creative, and his impeccable taste was consistent throughout the house. Think beautiful, bold & creative local artwork, warm lighting, comfy furniture, and a fireplace in each of the living rooms which creates the coziest atmosphere to relax in. The B&B also boasts a private courtyard that is home to an abundance of fruit trees, greenery, fairy lights, and fountains. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine on a clear night or a homemade breakfast on a sunny morning.

BREAKFAST:
Speaking of the breakfast...I heard that they served a nice breakfast, but was not prepared for how delicious it was going to be! Not only did they offer coffee, tea, fresh squeezed orange juice, local pastries & bread, cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit, they ALSO provided a main dish on top of that. The main entree was a traditional Mexican dish that was different each morning. This nor the happy hour is extra charge - it’s all part of the Red Tree House experience!

MY ROOM:
I stayed in the Lafayette Suite and was seriously blown away. The room was on the third floor with a private entrance, kitchen (with mini fridge, small stove top, glassware, etc), dining area, and living room, with the bedroom, small terrace, and bathroom on the other side. The terrace had a view of the courtyard and was surrounded by trees & greenery. I kept the shades open so I could be woken up by the natural sunlight coming through the balcony windows and it was a beautiful way to wake up each morning! The room was super spacious and there was even filtered water stocked in the room each and every day of my stay.

LOCATION:
The Red Tree House is located in Condessa, a super safe and welcoming neighborhood of Mexico City. I walked around by myself after dark multiple times and never felt unsafe in any capacity. It is full of parks and trees, European-esque sidewalk cafes, and lots of people jogging, biking, and walking their dogs. Although this neighborhood suffered a lot of damage from the recent devastating earthquake, it remains a beautiful place with friendly residents that is the still the perfect place to stay while visiting this city.

THE STAFF:
Craig, Alejandro, Pepe, Victor (just to name a few) were simply excellent hosts and provided incredible service and hospitality throughout my visit. I simply couldn’t have felt more welcome or at home. They are such generous people and are always going above and beyond to create the best experience possible for their guests.

OVERALL:
All I can say is 3 nights was simply not enough time. I really can’t imagine a better stay and for that reason, I will return to this B&B over and over again. If you’re looking for a warm & relaxing place to call home for a few days (hopefully longer!) with an ace staff located in a beautiful and safe neighborhood of Mexico City, this is your place.

Room Tip: Loved the rooms with access to the courtyard!