1,154 results
All reviews other guests garden room house dog wine hour mexican specialty place to stay the penthouse condesa neighborhood main building every morning every evening interesting people churros home away from home breakfast and happy hour b bs other travelers
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We stayed here 3 times in August for a couple of nights each time on our travels round Mexico. It was excellent. Craig and Jorge are wonderful hosts, relaxed and helpful in every possible way. When I arrived ill on our last visit, Adrien came with me to buy pills at the pharmacy, they let us leave luggage while we travelled, and were happy to settle the bill at the end , trusting us to turn up and pay. It really felt like our home in Mexico.

The bedrooms are clean and nicely decorated and the bathrooms are good. The breakfasts were delicious and very flexible. Jorge made a delicious Mexican breakfast one day. Craig made a real effort to find us the right rooms for our family on the dates we needed, and was so helpful on restaurants, places to see and how to get there. He also quickly dispelled my paranoia about Mexico City! Thank-you.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I stayed here with 2 girlfriends and we had an amazing stay. We felt very safe and comfortable and truly loved everything about this place. Jorge and Adrian were amazingly helpful and sweet and really made our stay in Mexico City fantastic. We stayed in the penthouse which was like a private oasis in the city. It had beautifully appointed rooms, very comfortable beds, nice roof deck, living area and also had a dining table and kitchenette. I highly recommend this room! (The only thing..there is a tricky spiral staircase so if you have any difficulty with stairs or require an elevator, this room may not be for you).

The daily breakfast was fantastic with made-to-order eggs and fresh pastries from the local bakery. The staff really went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and also gave great tips on places to see and do around town. They never steered us wrong!

I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2008

After reading all the previous reviews the Red Tree House B&B in Mexico City's Condessa neighborhood seemed rather too good to be true - but they are absolutely dead on - nice, friendly, great location and reasonable.
Thanks, guys - stayed there twice, starting July 8 - from Peter and Mary.
Also, we highly recommend the restaurant across the street called Photo Bistro - excellent service, excellent food.

Reviewed 21 July 2008

If you're coming to Mexico City I could not recommend the RTH more highly. the staff is fantastic, generous, kind and they make you feel welcome instantly. they went out of their way for us re: all our needs and really "made" the trip to mexico city for us. we stayed in the suite which is like staying in an apartment (has a ilttle kitchen, deck, 2 BR and lots of space). the decor is great too. very clean and modern with an artistic mexican flair. and the location is also fantastic - felt safe, close to the subway but it's also easy to walk to lots of places from their front door. They also provide a nice substantial breakfast every morning which I miss now that I am back!
If I return to MC I would definitely come back and stay with Jorge (the owner) and his crew.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank lcdsf
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I spent almost a week in Mexico City in June with a friend and we were thrilled with our experience staying at The Red Tree House. It was a peaceful oasis in the noise and chaos of Mexico City. Jorge was a wonderful host; the rooms were clean and cozy and very good sized. I would highly recommend it and would definitely stay there again if I return to Mexico City. We were served wonderful breakfasts and always had great advice about getting around, what to see, etc. We loved it!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends