“LOVED IT!!”
Review of Testal

Testal
Reserve with OpenTable
Testal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 5,767 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$17 - US$25
Neighbourhood: Alameda
Description: Testal cuisine is born from the simplicity of the ingredients and condiments of our land to elaborate dishes of great flavor. ¡Mexican food!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant he’s located in the historic district. It’s actually what with my friend called the weirdest Chinese barrio he has ever seen. (Not only is he Chinese, hes been the only Chinese that ever set foot on that street. LOL)

We loved dining at Testal!! About 15 of my colleagues came here and all of us agreed that this was a pretty remarkable and memorable experience. ALEJANDRO and SANTOS took excellent care of our table of six. Alejandro spoke great English and made excellent recommendations in every regard. They have a very well-stocked bar and Alejandro made excellent recommendations for tequilas. My friends had mojitos and I loved those. We also had their green juice with cucumber and maybe apples.
We had crab, shrimp and beef tacos, salads and soup first. Of all the tacos, interestingly enough, the beef tacos were the least memorable. The crab and shrimp tacos were outstanding. I highly recommend them. Several of us had the chicken and turkey in mole sauce. I adored my chicken mole dish. I’ve had mole several times before and it was always a crapshoot with the sauce. Not here! It was very flavorful. One of us ordered grilled octopus which was to die for. Friends at other tables were a lot more adventurous than we were: they ordered the fried bugs and fried pork brains. They seemed to love those.
For dessert we had the two chocolate cake offerings. My favorite was the delicious German chocolate cake with sour cherries inside. Their coffee (nespresso) was outstanding as well.
The staff made us very welcome and comfortable so much so that we couldn’t believe that we took 2&1/2 hours for lunch.
I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Contacto T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Testal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It is very comforting to receive messages like yours, and we would love to meet you again. If you return, please ask for the management to be able to greet you personally. See you soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing! Really great atmosphere! Came on a layover so only had a short amount of time! The green salsa was nice and spicy and the food very flavoursome. Will def come back.

1  Thank Priyesh87
Contacto T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Testal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Thank you very much for your comments, they are very important for us. We will be very happy to see you here again soon, it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We were in Mexico for five days with our adult children. On our first night we ventured into Testal - it was an excellent experience. It was highly rated on TA with many positive reviews and few negative ones.

Isidro who was the sommelier or head of the wait staff waited on our table because he spoke english. He was made our meals so much more enjoyable. We enjoyed his company.

We started most meals with a drink and then a bottle of the house (Baja California) Tempranillo - very enjoyable.

My favorite dish was the Crepas Poblanas, ordered it twice. It would have been three times if it was on the brunch menu. Two crepes with chicken and a green creamy sauce on top with cheese. Soooo Good!

My wife had the grilled and seasoned Tuna which was very good.

For breakfast we had a mix of dishes and everyone enjoyed their meals.

We highly recommend the restaurant. It's very clean, clean restrooms, up scale, good food, great service - Why Not?

Contacto T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Testal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We went there for breakfast and our stomachs were totally happy about it! Tried the green salsa enchilladas and the pickled potatoes/ carrots and chicken enchilladas, and they were both really nice. If you're more into saucy stuff the green salsa enchilladas were nicer :)
Felix was this amazing, super friendly person, who helped us with everything, offered us extra sour cream for the drier enchilladas, brought us pulke samples and explained us how they are made, and we had nice conversations. Overall really friendly atmosphere and good food.

1  Thank lemonila
Contacto T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Testal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I was on a very quick trip at Mexico City, my friends and I were looking for the authentic Mexico Food. We founded it. Testal is amazing, I returned in time when I was a child And lived in Hidalgo. Christian was very cool and very efficient making our visit even more enjoyable. Thank you so much Christian.

1  Thank Manuel G