1,133 results
All reviews hour cafe free bottled water fresh apples handwritten note sister hotel historic district mexican candy bellas artes perfect location great boutique tourist sites within walking distance sitting area rooms are small breakfast buffet hotel guests two double beds
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The staff at this hotel are outstanding. We do not speak very good Spanish, but they went out of their way to try to help us with any and all requests we had. The rooms were extremely nice, and while the beds were smaller than what you would expect in the USA, they were comfortable. The valet staff was amazing, just be prepared that your car is not accessible between 10pm and 7am without previous requests.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Rachel D
CentralHoteles, Director General at Historico Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Rachel,
Thank you very much for all your compliments about your recent stay at Histórico Central. We are delighted to know that you had a great time at our hotel thanks to our wonderful facilities and detailed service, specially created to turn your stay into something unforgettable.
Our main aim is to make you feel better than at home.
Come back soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This hotel is so convenient, located close to all sites in the historical centre and also close to the metro. The staff are wonderful and happy to assist with any queries and information. The cafe is open 24 hours and has sandwiches & drinks (not booze) that are included with your room, so you could really save money if you wanted to. There is a fridge with water on every floor and all drinks in the bar fridge (not booze) are also gratis and you can have the maid service every day if you want. We had a little balcony that looked over the street. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a larger room with balcony for just a bit more. Worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tinybubbles68

Dear Tinybubbles68,
Thank you very much for your comments. Our main aim is to make your stay as pleasant as possible. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed our location, facilities, varied amenities and attentive service.
We look forward to pampering you again!
Vladimir Mayllen

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stayed at this hotel for five nights and had a fantastic experience. All downtown attractions are walkable from this location. The hotel staff are very friendly. Free breakfast available from 7 AM in the morning. There is a Cafe at the hotel open 24 hours a day for food, snacks and beverages for free (alcohol and room service carry a charge). There is a refrigerator on each floor stocked with bottled water. We felt totally safe during our stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Vijay K
CentralHoteles, Director General at Historico Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Vijay,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled that our hotel was perfect for your trip. Our main aim is to make your stay as pleasant as possible by taking care of every detail. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed our location, service, and amenities. Your kind words inspire us to keep working to improve every day.
We will be waiting for you with our arms wide open.
Vladimir Mayllen

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Really wonderful hotel. I booked a wheelchair accessible room. There was a roll-in shower (shower chair not provided nor did I ask. I MacGyvered my own chair). Has a shower head and a hand held which had excellent water pressure. The sink is a bit awkward but was sufficiently accessible for brushing my teeth. The bed was high but not so much that I was unable to get in and out safely. Turning radius was great and the in-room desk chair was actually high enough and firm enough that I could transfer in and out of it safely. The hotel staff are warm and attentive. The room was spotless and a member of staff came each day to ensure that the housekeeper had taken care of everything. The thermostat was a bit of a challenge as it was mounted at eye level for someone standing. If you are sitting, it is hard to read and, being unfamiliar with the model, I was never exactly sure what I was setting it on. After trial and error I achieved the Arctic chill I was going for and the staff left it where I set it. My room was on the first floor at the end of the hall and I never heard a peep from the room above or around me. Super quiet. My friend had a room on the fourth floor with a balcony and did experience light and sound from the outside. It should be noted that we were there when the concert for earthquake relief was occurring so the noise level may not have been the norm. The Cafe in the hotel was great allowing guests to grab a snack, beverage or sandwich whenever the mood struck. I opted for a sandwich there one evening rather than brave the crowds and it was tasty. Access to coffee 24/7 is much appreciated by this traveler. Bottled water was always available and was replaced in the room each day. The reception offers bottled water or tamarind water when you check in. I highly recommend the tamarind water. It looks sketchy but is really quite tasty. As far as the location, it was very close to shopping, museums and eateries. Entire days were spent exploring two blocks in any direction and we still didn't see even a small portion of the area. The property is non-smoking as most are. I am smoker and availed myself of the sidewalk in front of the hotel. There are ashtrays provided at the entrance so there is an accommodation. As you are on the street you will meet "interesting" people depending on what time you find yourself outside. One very early morning, before the hotel was open, I went outside and a member of staff was stationed outside with me. I never felt uncomfortable or in any kind of danger and felt that making the gentlemen stand on the street so that I could smoke was a kindness. I highly recommend the hotel and would certainly staff there again should I find myself in Mexico City in the future.

Room Tip: My wheelchair accessible room on the first floor was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deborah Q

Dear Deborah,
Thank you so much for your detailed review, it is an honor to read comments such as yours. We are extremely happy to read that your stay us was beyond your expectation thank to our personalized service “Centered on You”.
Also, we are truly thankful for your kind words about our location, service, and amenities. They inspire us to keep working to improve every day.
We look forward to pampering you again!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for my son's wedding and got the best service ever. Staff were kind and helpful.
Unexpected paninis, salads fruit soft drinks, bottled water was included.
Rooms are small but modern and nicely decorated. Great location. You can walk to Museums, zócalo, alameda and great restaurants. Highly recommend it. One of the best experiences I've had worlwide.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DMGGWoodlandstx

Dear DMGGWoodlandstx,
Thank you very much for your positive review. Nothing pleases us more than knowing that your experience at Histórico Central was more than expected thanks to our varied amenities, wonderful facilities and central location. It is an honor to read that we are among your top hotel experiences worldwide.
We hope you visit us again.