“Pick your room wisely and you will be happy”

NH Mexico City Centro Historico
Ranked #36 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Great hotel for the money.
Plus:
Location is awesome if you are into the crowds of Zocalo and into Historic City Center.
Staff is friendly and helpful.
Breakfast buffet was nearly as good as in Sheraton Santa Fe.
I got there around 10 am and, despite the fact that check-in is at 3:00 pm they let me check in into my room.
When I was very unhappy about my room, staff let me move into a different one.
Rooms looking inside the well (not into any street) are quiet.
Minus:
- Street noise from Palma street. I made a mistake of accepting the room on the 1st floor looking at Palma street. NOTE that Palma is a cobblestone, making even Tesla cause a lot of noise. Also I believe there were doors of the parking below my room and they were busy until quite late. So it felt like there was a loud highway going through my room most of the night. Terrible sleep.
I asked the staff to let me change rooms, move into the one looking inside the well. They said: "but there is no view!". I said: "and that's great!" :). So they let me move.
Overall, if I know I can get the internal room I'll sleep there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
jamata240, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Sergiy:

I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at NH Collection Mexico Centro Historico we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services. Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in especially when visit our Country Mexico City.

I am really very sorry for not being able to meet and exceed your expectations this time. Please accept my apoligize for this inconvenience in your room, I will be very glad to assist you in your next visit to Mexico city please do no hesitate to get in touch with me at any time.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you our Hotel in the near future.

Ready to serve you always!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

wonderful location for my business travel. was there during the earthquake and the staff was amazing. very clean hotel, nice terrace/rooftop for dinner, great breakfast, great location, very much enjoyed our stay even given the circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jenie:

I would like to thank you for the time you took to let us know how was your recent experience at the NH Centro Historico, we are very glad to have covered your expectations and have enjoyed our hotel's installations and services. Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest as if you would be in your own home.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be more than glad to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future. Ready to serve you always!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I always find that when you visit a city it is most useful to stay near the center so that you can visit many places on foot and secondly that the hotel must be good and clean and provide relaxation; the hotel had it all. It was a family visit, 3 adults, and at the advice of the concierge Mr. D.G. Hernandez we opted for the personal guide Mr. Enrique Nava who was really excellent. Mexico is a country with a very rich culture and history to observe and enjoy and we were lucky to stay in this hotel and have the guidance we had.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
1  Thank astdimitriou
jamata240, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for choosing us on your recent stay. Really the location of our hotel is quite convenient and comfortable, finding us inside the airport allows a direct access to the arrivals and departures of the flights without the need to leave the establishment.

We are glad to know that we have met your expectations of service, above all that we could transmit a warm stay. We appreciate the recognition of our valuable team, we will share your comments with our human talent, where I am sure you will be glad to hear your words.

We would love to have it back again next time we visit the city.

Receive an affectionate greeting from me,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Great, clean, modern hotel. Close to historic sites. Ideal for business travelers. The breakfast was delicious and the service was always gentle (they could be more efficient, though).
Tip: If you need a taxi to attend biz meetings, use Jesús instead (the hotel recommended driver). He´s a little more expensive than a regular taxi but worth every Peso you invest on him. Spacious, quiet, clean car, ideal choice to arrive at your meetings with a sharp mind.

Stayed: August 2017
jamata240, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Moshe:

We would love to have it back again next time we visit the city.

Receive an affectionate greeting from me,

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The staff were fantastic especially Ximena y Dagoberio and Guvroberto or something similar (please accept my apologies). The breakfast food was a wide variety of Mexican food, fruits, meats, breads, yoghurts and a wide selection of fruit juices, you could also order eggs bacon etc. Rooms spacious and daily maid service. Would not hesitate in returning. The hotel is close to all high street shops i.e. Zara and adidas etc and close to a local market.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor, 203 and 205 are good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

I want to thank the time you took to share your comments regarding your stay at the NH Centro Histórico with other Trip Advisor users.

On behalf of all those who collaborate in this, your house, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed our service, attention and facilities and I assure you that we will be working to improve them continuously, I will also send your comments to our human talent, where I am sure that this will motivate her to continue with such excellent work.

We hope to be able to count on your preference on a future trip to Mexico City, it will be a pleasure to serve you.

Have a great day