Holiday Inn Mexico Buenavista
Hotel Edison(Mexico City)
Hotel Dharma(Mexico City)
Hotel Lepanto(Mexico City)
  • Breakfast included
New York Hotel(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Ramada Mexico City(Mexico City)
Jena(Mexico City)
  • Pool
Monaco Hotel(Mexico City)
View Hotel
All reviewshuge mallmexican dishesmetro bushotel is excellentminute walkan upgradefitness centerrooms are spacioushotel is locatedwalmartinsurgenteschopoavenueuberelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am Platinum with IHG, and in the last couple of years I have got welcome points EVREY TIME i stay in an IHG property. Not here, they offer me a Botana (peanuts or soda) even though I asked for points. Needless to say did not used the peanuts or soda. Also an upgrade was denied, with the vane excuse that the room I was getting was the only one ready (I arrived past 5PM). At checkout bad service and very low. Asked to have my invoice emailed to me, have not get it yet (one day after). Also I left my credit card at reception to cover any incidentals, when I ordered room service the waiter was rude and claimed I had to pay when he delivered, denying I had my cc open.
Besides that the hotel is in very good condition, (re-decorated) and the rooms ample and well furnished, although the pillows need to be updated. Also a dining table will be very useful, there is room for it.
AC adapters were accesible, good internet and in room safebox. Two bottled water for free, but no soda dispenser.
It is not in as close to the Alameda as advertised, you may need take a taxi to go to the Centro Histórico, if you want to be in the middle of the action this is not the hotel for that.
Very nice lobby, food good but would have liked more options. Very good breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

ETame,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Mexico Buenavista, thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear that the overall service level provided by staff fell short of usual expectations. While I also understand your disappointment towards the Welcome Amenity, as a gentle reminder, this varies per property and region. Currently, the Welcome Amenity offered to Platinum members staying at a Holiday Inn in Mexico is a snack or drink voucher. On the other hand, upgrades are indeed subject to availability based on room inventory. In any event, we apologize for the inconvenience and be assured that your experience is shared with the team so similar situations are handled in the best possible way.

Thanks for your candor in detailing your experience. Your favorable remarks about our upkeep and amenities continue to inspire us to provide True Hospitality for everyone. I hope you find your way back when your plans bring you again to the area.

Safe travels,

Jillian I

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times. I am a Platinum member of IHG and still amazed that they do not let you check in prior to 3pm. Most hotels will let you check in early but they never do and keep you waiting in the lobby for hours. So plan accordingly if you are staying here. This isnt' like the U.S. where they take care of their preferred members.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Mark C,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your candid review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the check in process and levle of service received. I'm sorry for the letdown. This will be shared with the team for future improvements.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the area. I value you as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member.

Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn!

Kind Regards,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 8 nights / 9 days here with family (3 rooms, 7 people) and we had a great experience. Modern, clean, comfy beds and very safe and secure.Near main Metro stations, metro bus, a huge mall walk distance and a good chain restaurant / bakery /multi store across the street. Amazing customer service, everybody was happy and eager to please. Breakfast was great, they have mexican dishes as well as standard breakfast items. Adela was our server many mornings and she is the best...very efficient, polite and always with a genuine smile.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank busymayra
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Located in a bit bad and dangerous neighborhood .Stay away of the back streets and only walk on Insurgentes and Reforma avenues, because you can be robbed.
The gym/spa is open to local people and most of them live nearby. Very few of the members have a bad look .I was almost attacked in the steam bath by a very aggressive and primitive local person when I complained when I was splashed with shampoo and soap. The Hotel customers should not be exposed to such type of persons in a IHG Hotel. Complained about this incident with the manager and according to him this person was not allowed to visit the gym anymore , but I couldn't confirm it. Anyway I felt threatened and intimidated by this person.
There are cellular towers in front and on top of the Hotel building at a low altitude, which is not very healthy,
Other than that the rooms are good, comfortable ,clean. The breakfast buffet is very good and with variety. There are a Walmart , Forum mall and few good restaurants at 5 -10 minutes walking distance on Insurgentes AV.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Alberto H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Hello Alberto H,

Thanks for your stay and I appreciate you for taking the time to let us know how you felt about the safety and security of our hotel. We take these matters seriously and we wouldn't want any untoward incidents happening in the future. I will forward these concerns to the hotel management as a reference for any upcoming security planning and structural site changes.

On a lighter note, I'm delighted that you find the cleanliness of our rooms satisfactory. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast items, too! We always strive to attain guest expectations in all areas.

Stay with us again!

Kind Regards,

Clayton G
eMedia Coordinator

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Even though I’m an elite platinum member there was no real value to staying here.
The location is ok (near El Chopo metro bus) but the hotel is definitely business oriented and everything is geared to extract a dollar.
Don’t bother with getting a junior suite, the extra space is wasted on a bare room with a second tv with very limited English programs.
Breakfast is pretty average but the staff are very willing.
Overall not much to write home about.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilandViv
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear PhilandViv,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your nice feedback on our staff. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our rooms, TV channel selection and breakfast options. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team for reference.

Joel A