Hotel Polanco
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Las Alcobas(Mexico City)
  • Room Service
US$413
US$336
  • Restaurant
Barcelo Mexico Reforma(Mexico City)
US$107
US$85
US$189
US$173
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ritz Mexico(Mexico City)
US$69
  • Restaurant
Hotel Stanza(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
US$77
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Do not patronize this hotel. The desk person was rude and unhelpful. My first room was situated next to the elevator and had the bathroom the size of a tiny closet. I asked to move to another room. At the front desk the guy acted like he couldn't speak English. He suggested a room with two beds and I declined and asked for one bed. Nonetheless, he put me in a room with twin beds for tiny children. I made do as it was late. I soon discovered that there was a sewer smell coming from the bathroom. I closed the door to the bathroom to be able to sleep. My original reservation was for three rooms which were charged on my card up front. I cancelled one in advance, but was refunded in pesos cash. They wouldn't refund it on my card. No breakfast available, coffee downstairs not in room, one room had the inner bowels of the hotel - boilers - for a view. One night was enough! Never again will I stay and that foul smelling hell hole.

Room Tip: Brown people get better rooms than white people.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Robin W
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this Hotel 2 days and is well located in Mexico's Polanco's quarter. The rooms are clean and meet the basic needs of most travelers. It's a pity that the experience was marred by unfriendly front desk. They made us sign a credit card blank voucher, copied our safety card number and used it without authorization. When we complained an unfriendly guy made no apologies and argued that was their policy. Having your credit card number with all personal information and the credit card safety number in the hands of many staff in Mexico it is not very reassuring.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

This hotel suffers in hospitality. The only thing going for this hotel is the location to the business district. While they say there is Internet, it hardly works. The owners who man the front desk suck at hospitality. There are some decent places to eat near the hotel but pricey though.

If the location is important then go for it but remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Avoid staying here, regardless of it's convenient location. The hotel itself is old and in desperate need of renovation. The rooms, while spacious, are dark and dingy. The overall feel of the hotel is just old and depressing, and that's not even the worst part. The hotel staff was beyond rude and unhelpful. For security reasons, I was informed that the front door to the hotel was kept shut and that I needed to ring the bell for assistance to be let in. I came back from a business dinner one night around 11pm, rang the door, and was left to wait out in the dark, lone street for about 15 minutes. If security is so bad you need to keep the doors shut, there should be no reason on earth it's ok to leave a customer waiting out there for 15- minutes. I was appalled. And when the night staff finally appeared to let me in, there was no concern or apology. Only indifference and annoyance that I had to ring the bell to be let in. I've traveled for years, all over the world, and never stayed at a hotel that shut it's doors to it's customers, let alone have them wait outside at night until someone decides to go open it. Would never ever stay here again or recommend it to anyone. It's not work staying here, even if for the convenient location in a fun neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Regina G
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Simple and accessible hotel in the Polanco district, near to the big Chapultepec Park, Zoo and Museums. Unfortunately they don't offer breakfast but the cleanliness is good. Some bathrooms are really small for more than one person in the room, but are clean and with a good shower.
Definitely a good option for lone travelers who wants to be on a good district in MExico City.

Room Tip: All the rooms are remodeled... Usually I prefer to ask for street view .
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo