All reviews great location historic center zona rosa lobby hipster metro neighborhoods
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The thing about traveling to a new place as an American is, I tend to want to find "known" brands. I rarely try different places to stay unless Ive heard of the brand before. This has generally served me well over the years. However, my experience in Mexico City has been there are gems that are not known unless you were to do your research on sites like this one.

This is a nice place to stay and if the suite is availible for a good price then upgrade. I got it for $70 US a night. It has a patio.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very well located in a central district of Mexico City, many restaurants, cafés and bars in the area, charming (slightly hipster now) 19th century architecture texture but also some banhais or Art Deco here and there, 5 minutes walk to metro and a safe area. The hotel rooms are not too big but look renovated, clean and impeccable. Breakfast is optional, I never tried it there since there are so many options in the surroundings. 20 minutes by metro to the historic center and metropolitan cathedral, walking distance to Condesa or zona Rosa neighborhoods.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2017

At the Hotel Milan I always feel that I am getting more than I pay for. Yes, the décor, linens and furnishings are a little tired, but the price and location is hard to beat. I have stayed in 15 different hotels in Mexico City over the years and the Milan offers the best combination of factors important to me. The staff, while very friendly, speaks no English. Rooms facing the street get some noise from busy Av. Alvaro Obregon and have limited wifi connection. Rooms facing the interior courtyard have better wifi and get some noise from other rooms in the hotel

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank jackg641
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Canadian friends were staying at Mexican friend's home in ''Roma' and suggested a couple of hotels nearby where I might stay to join them in touring about the city / area.

The Milan showed up at a decent price and I 'reserved' on line. There was no 'confirmation' on the website but sometime later I got an email back asking me when I would be arriving. I said, 'in the afternoon' [of what ever day it was]. They replied 'not good enough, we can't reserve without a precise time'. When I checked with my friends about what time they expected us to get to CDMX, from an event the previous evening in Tlaxcala, they said 4 or 5 o'clock - 'depends what bus we take'. I sent that on to the hotel, still not good enough, they needed an exact time. So, I gave them an exact time, somewhere in that zone, and they confirmed my reservation. And, we arrived within an hour or two of that 'exact time'.

Check in guy was a bit surly - seemed like he didn't really want to be bothered with dealing with me - couldn't find my reservation under either my name or the reservation number, though I could read it upside down from the other side of the desk. Friend suggested that he was afraid that we were all going to stay in the room at 'single' price and explained to him, in her better than mine Spanish, that they were just waiting to see me settle in and then going on.

Took four tries to get the door card to work [re-programming trips back to the front desk]. Could not get clear what the access code was for the internet, nor which of 4 or so network addresses I should be using. My Spanish is still not great. On final trip down the hall with door card, surly guy told me, in decent English, that the card was now working.

Got correct internet code from different people at desk later. Internet was really bad one day [electricity was also off that day for a while] and mostly ok otherwise.

We usually don't bother having cleaning staff in every day if we are staying for a few days. I asked them to leave the room alone and one or two days they did, and one or two days they didn't.

And, a bonus!. One evening I heard my door lock 'click' and then the door come up against the dead-bolt. When I went over to see what was going on there were two young ladies there who obviously did NOT expect to see me, and who also obviously, had a door card that worked for my door.

Yet, the rest of the staff were fine. The location was excellent. The temperature in the room [after being cold in Tlaxcala and Puebla] was fine. The shower worked, water temperature was controllable, and it had some pressure. Coffee in the morning was tolerable - didn't use the hotel restaurant otherwise as I had 'guides' to take me to other favourite places of theirs. And, I 'liked' the room I was comfortable in it, thus my assertion that I would probably go back there.

Room Tip: my room [102] was a couple of doors in from the parking lot entry - there was occasional luggage rolling and staff service cart noise.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Arne H
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This hotel has a perfect location and excellent hotel prices. Going back in March. Breakfast is pretty good also. Colonia Roma is a safe place to walk @ night. Condesa is 10 minutes walking distance. I will keep staying here.

Stayed: November 2016