All reviews sofa bed paseo de la reforma great location cleaning staff would stay here again kitchenette balcony linens
Reviewed 13 November 2016

This hotel is all about location, location, very close to the emblematic "Monumento del Angel". It is in urgent need of a renovation, the room I had the bathroom was nasty. The suites are spacious, the living room area, and bedroom have plenty of space. It has a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave, but there is no plates or utensils. The location is surrounded by plenty of restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I would not stay in this hotel again. The price I paid was not inexpensive! I was there a few days before the Day of the Dead.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2016

The hotel I booked through my package could not check me in at 7 a.m. after flying all night. Contacted this hotel and they let me check in at 7 a.m. and check out at noon the same day.Rooms large withe lots of space

Room Tip: Low floors street noise
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank jeffswen
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I have reviewed this hotel before and felt it necessary to review it again as the same problems keep occuring. I will never stay, or I should say, book this hotel again as I learned on my most recent stay of a policy this hotel practices. They have 4 or 5 hotels in the area near the Angel de Independencia in Mexico City. This hotel is by far the best of those hotels. But what they are doing is filling out this hotel, and then continuing to take reservations for this hotel, even though they are booked out. Those guests that arrive a little later in the evenings are then pushed into their other hotels, as I was along with several other guests. Here is the worst part of it all, they refuse to reduce the rates as they claim their other hotels are just as good. They are not.

In conclusion, avoid booking this hotel. It's just not worth the risk of being pushed into one of their lesser properties and being forced to pay the same price. I wish their policy was different, but it isn't.

Room Tip: To chose a good room, book another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USExpatinfrance
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

The location is good and safe and the rates are quite low compared to the larger hotels. That said you will sacrifice such basic things as WiFi (as it barely works), shower and shink pressure were dismal, and water was warm at best.

Rooms are clean yet look like they could use some refubuehsment.

It is a safe clean place and good price but lacked some key items I need and don't plan to stay there again. The Windham around the corner is a much better value with modern amenities at a lower price. I stayed there in August 2015.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank scottkearns
Reviewed 3 September 2015

Comfortable and great location at Suites Del Angel. Had to move here after my originally booked hotel did not work out. Staff were great and free buffet breakfast was decent (I'm vegetarian).Rooms facing street can be a bit noisy so you may want to request a room on the back side. Splurge for the suites which are large, comfortable and include a kitchenette. Prices range on website so be sure to shop around, including hotel website.

Stayed: August 2015