“Good selection”

Ranked #15 of 77 Dessert in Mexico City
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Great location in Polanco at the intersection of Oscar Wilde and Virgilio. I came for lunch but will definitely return for the bakery. The menu is full of fresh, healthy options but without being hippie-ish.

I had the quiche. It was underdone for my taste but was full of veggies and came with a side salad. The waiter brought out the dessert tray when I had finished but I was too full, which is unfortunate because they looked incredible.

You should expect a fair amount of street noise and a steady stream of beggars given the location. There is some seating inside if you prefer not to sit out on the sidewalk. Plan about $400MEX for lunch and drinks for two.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

This restaurant is in a great location and stands up well against all of the other restaurants around. The food is simple, well prepared and delicious. On the menu you will see some healthy food options along side a wonderful selection of pastries.

My simple tuna sandwich was made interesting and tasty on top of very yummy bread!

I would definitely eat here again.

Daniel H, Community manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon. Also, thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

The restaurant offers a wide selection of healthy food. Their chicken sandwich is delicious and the side salad

Daniel H, Community manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Went @ 930 am for b'fast and cappuccinos. It was 4 of us and we sat outside near entrance next to host podium.

Beautiful morning and place was bustling with good energy. Every table sat but no waiting line. Servers moving around taking care of clients. Everyone happy and smiling.

Our table ordered some egg dishes that all were great and presented nice. I ordered some pastries such as Pantain de Chocolate and Concha. Those weren't the best. Both were slightly dry. I've tasted better at other places. (I suggest Pasteleria Esperanza Bakery in Polanco - much better and airy and as if eating clouds - Wow!)

The menu had many other dishes to choose from.

The only thing bothersome is a street guitar player w/ his old run-down amp playing LOUD music on sidewalk right next to us. In front of cafe. He couldn't even play well. His time was spent tuning guitar constantly or playing music as if he was still practicing. Horrible ! We could not talk comfortably. Very annoying that staff couldn't ask him to lower sound level.
I know the sidewalk is free to whomever wants to play, and businesses can not push them away but bring awareness to musicians about sound level.
We finally had to ask him to move away from us and we pointed to other side of entrance to other tables. He complied and it was better. I saw a server giggled and smiled seeing what we did. She knew too that music noise level was bothersome and ridiculous.

Thank the Gods he left 15 min later.
Only to be replaced by another music act of 4 people which played much better but they too were loud. Luckily for us they stood opposite from us. Bother someone else.

Would I come again? Yes for the cappuccino - good body and full taste, but foam could use more "grabbiness".
Yes for the simple eggs and other egg dishes.
No on the 2 listed pastries, which more likely I won't order any other different pastries fearing they will be dry - crumbly.

I encourage you to give this place a chance and remember to bring ear plugs.

Daniel H, Community manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Thank you very much for visiting Le Pain Quotidien and writing this review. Your comments and suggestions will surely be taken into account and we hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Best regards

Reviewed 2 April 2016

In beautiful Polanco, this place seems to attract forty-something women who are want-to-be models (some evidently with some surgical assistance); some young Americans. This place has no soul, but is surrounded by a host of other better choices that are a lot more fun.