“Ceviche, fish, and more”

Agua y Sal Cebicheria
Reserve with OpenTable
Agua y Sal Cebicheria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 5,647 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Description: Agua y Sal es una Cebichería de cocina latinoamericana que rinde un homenaje a los pueblos de pescadores de México, Centro, Sudamérica y el Caribe, con una selección de los mejores platillos de sus costas. Pocos platos simbolizan tan bien el arte y sencillez de la gastronomía latinoamericana como el cebiche. En Agua y Sal tenemos el compromiso de servir los mejores pescados y mariscos, respetando las vedas, apoyando siempre la práctica de la pesca sostenible y la conservación del océano. Agua y Sal está ubicado en la esquina de la avenida Campos Elíseos y la calle Temístocles en la exclusiva zona hotelera de la colonia Polanco en la Ciudad de México.
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The cebiche sampler is excellent. We had the pescado de talla and the pescado del tamarindo. Both were well prepared. We had a mexican sauvignon blanc that was notable dor its wonderful bouquet. Service was attentive but not hurried. Manager hovered inconspicuously.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

very nice and friendly service, authentic and very good food. the ceviche was our favorite. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch there, it was overall a good experience. The service was great. The food was good and fresh. We ordered the ceviche and it was delicious. The corn with shrimp was good but not great. The drinks were not so good. The pisco sour was very watery, so as the mezcal drink with horchata. I would recommend to make reservations in advance. Will go back to try different things.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I spent nearly a week in Mexico City and wish I had gone here sooner. My last dinner in Mexico was at Agua y Sal and it was the best meal I've had in Mexico to date. My friend and I ordered a tasting of four of their ceviches and all four were good, not to mention super fresh. The entrees were also delicious and the wait staff was attentive and courteous. We need not ask for change of plates and utensils in between dishes. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

The claim is that they are the best seafood restaurant in Mexico, well, I have to disagree. Lorenzillo's in Cancun is the BEST in Mexico PERIOD!
Now, I will admit that Agua & Sal is a good restaurant I have a major issue with their Customer Service. I had made an advance reservation, which I thought was for 8:30PM, in actuality it was for 8:15PM. We arrived at 8:39PM due to local transportation issues and the historic Mexico City traffic. The Host, when we arrived said that our reservation was cancelled because we did not arrive at our prescribed reservation time and there were other customers waiting. We elected to wait for an available table and sat at the bar while we waited. Now, when we arrived there were 4 tables open, there was group of people that seemed to be waiting at the main bar. This same group never took a table, the remained at the bar the entire time. Finally, the Host came and advised that a table was available, one of the same tables that was available from the start. Now, I don't like being lied too, the Host was making his point "don't screw with me or I'll make you wait or pay".
So take this as you like, but I will NOT be going back to this restaurant again, that is for sure.
Now, the food is very good, but, NOT the best in Mexico.