“"Buen sazón"”

Ranked #42 of 5,761 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The best russian cusine in Mexico.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I really enjoy the soups and salad options, also the Kiev chicken. The only detriment to the experience is the reduced space for tables and the amount of people visiting. Buying empanadas to go is very common for the locals. I recomend this place for a weekend lunch.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

So wonderful to be able to get excited about everything on the menu! We dined as a family so could pick as many things we could to try the wide choice of dishes. Very impressed by the authenticity of the flavors! Loved the Vinegrete salad, the Borscht!! And of course the honey cake. Even had to order another slice for takeaway. Enjoyed the russian channel on tv in the background, really made us feel like we were almost back home. Even the spasiba from the waiters as we left was well pronounced! Highly recommended for those that are homesick!!

Vasily L, Propietario at Kolobok Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

thank you a lot for your experience:)

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I agree that this is "mexicanized" russian food, not completely authentic. For example: I'm very sure russians don't eat everything with a side of rice pilaf and lettuce/tomato salad. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that it is very good food.

The place is tiny and always packed, so you'll have to wait for up to an hour on a busy day to get a table. That said, I've been here many times, and service has always been courteous and friendly. The food is very consistently good. I even have a favorite order: solyanka soup with golubtsy as a main course, honey cake for dessert and a cold kompot to quench my thirst. All the people I've ever invited here (friends, parents, brothers, in-laws) have loved it and returned on their own. Even their pastries and bread are good.

Come early and arm yourself with a little patience, and you're in for a really good meal.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I went to CDMX for family reasons on my way to my aunts house i saw Kolobok.

I got hooked right away, before i left i had come and eat there, the service was great and the food was amazing.

Next week had to come back to CDMX and this time with my wife we came againg and it deliverd another amazing meal at a great price.

I even purchased a Cheburashka as souvenir i love this place.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing. So so good. Love this place. Highly recommended gojng as soon as possible. Have a great day