Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center
Ranked #72 of 303 Hotels in Mexico City
Eastern Iowa
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2006

The room phone didn't work and the three people at the front desk were not intersted in helping. No bottled water in the room. The internet connection in the room was non-functional. Again, the staff refused to help. I even tried to speak with a manager, as they request via a letter in the room, but there wasn't a manager on duty. Finally, you better speak Spanish, the bilingual skills of the staff are extremely limited. I've never experienced such a bad hotel in Mexico.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid this hotel
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank FrqTravlr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2005

The hotel changed the nightly rate without informing us until the very last night of our stay. I had no recourse because they already had my credit card. The hotel staff was discourteous and unprofessional. I had a lovely time in Mexico City otherwise. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, there are plenty of other options available.

• Stayed July 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2005

Be aware, they can charge you a different fare at the very last moment. On the last night (1:30 am!!!), they inactivated my card-key to make me go downstairs and then without any preamble they told me that our original fare cannot be honored anymore. I couldn't believe it!. I talked with the manager to solve the problem. However, I couldn't get any positive results or any reasonable explanation. Apparently they have put me in an exclusive section of the hotel that I didn't ask for. The customer service was awful, a lot of apologetic explanations but no serious actions. They do not care about their customers, at least that is how they made me feel. After all the discussion, they finally allow me to go back to my room at 3:00am in the morning where all of my traveling documents (including my passport) and my baggage were. Instead of honoring the hotel fare they had given me, I ended up paying the increased fare for the unsolicited exclusive section of the hotel. There are a lot of good hotels around the corner. Avoid this hotel for your own mental peace!!!

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business