1,767 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant great location el balcon the main square free water bottles free apples holiday inn national palace templo mayor top floor historic center rooms are small concierge desk special thanks first trip to mexico wonderful hotel return to mexico city
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We Booked though the Trip Advisor. Above is the centralHoteles.com website. At top right hand corner you can change to either to see the website in English or Spanish. Booking on their website is easy. Just make sure your booking on the right hotel, they have two in the same neighborhood. We stayed at the one located at corner of Zocalo called Zocalo Central. I downloaded their app from the confirmation email that I received from the hotel. I loved the detail from the confirmation email of including the rate at which the peso would be charged at checkin since I made reservations in English or US Dollars. Before arrival a day or two, I pre-checked in using the app. And answered some questions of what would be of interest. At arrival we were greeted by someone at front door, and another young gentleman called Alejandro, I believe was his name to carry our luggage from taxis into hotel. And gave us some delicious and cold Mango juice to drink while going through the checkin process. They kept my Mom company while I checked in. I saw my mom who is 79 years young interacting with everyone and she was happy and impressed. We both felt like family immediately with all the hotel employees, who in turn took care of us like if we were that... their family. Checkin was beyond perfect! We were given the hotel keys, password to Wifi, etc. and Alejandro explained everything to us and showed us where everything was. We booked the room with the free breakfast, and private bathroom, but without a view which was what we wanted. Our trip was just to go to the Basilica and pray all three days. The hotel care center area helped us with taxis to and from the Basilica and later to the airport. Always with our safety in mind. My mom and I loved all the taxis rides that we got from the hotel at a reasonable price and the safest drivers in my opinion. Taxi tip, ask them if they can pick you up to return to hotel. Most of time they will. Next time I will ask for Enrique also know to my mom and I as the president’s cousin. Yes, that taxi ride was fun and thanks Enrique for being a good sport because we called you Mexico’s President’s cousin because of your name. Next year, God willing we will take a tour with you. Also the hotel care center can set up tours or whatever you need. My impression was that the hotel staff went the extra mile to please us from the time we walked in, to the time we walked out and into that last taxis ride to the airport. Yes my mom and I felt sad to leave but happy knowing we found the ideal hotel for our future visits to Mexico City. The hotel Room was exceptional and support service and cleaning crew provided Superior service everyday. Thank you Noemi who excellently cleaned our room and made our bed after our first night stay. And thank you to whoever cleaned our room before we arrived and went we left. Excellent attention to details. Everyone was beyond supportive in saying Good morning and good day and good evening. Everyone made sure our stay was uniquely perfect by our daily conversations. If I bought up a concern for example like we needed a taxi at the time we needed it was provided within minutes. Also Alejandro who took our luggage up to the room also took our luggage into the taxi for us. He even helped my mom who walks with a cane and my arm, by offering his arm to walk with my mom. A true gentleman in such a young man. My mom and I later commented that he treated her like if my mom was his mom, who must be the luckiest and most blessed woman to have have a son with the best manners ever. That gesture was one of many that Alejandro and other hotel staff showed us that we were going to be treated like their family. Zocalo Central we miss everyone there and have the best memories including that welcome postcard and candy. Thank you and God willing see everybody next year!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
CentralHoteles, Director General at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Trujal,
Thank you very much for your preference. We truly appreciate your detailed review about your recent stay at Zócalo Central. Nothing pleases us more than reading kind comments such as yours. As you may have noticed, we take care of every detail to turn your stay into an unforgettable experience. It is great that you and your mom enjoyed every minute with us. Your positive comments encourage us to keep working and improving to live up to our slogan, “Centered on you”.
We will share your kind words with our team, they will be thrilled to receive them.
We will be waiting for you with our arms wide open
Best regards,
Vladimir Mayllen

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed in this great hotel situated in the historical heart of Mexico City. There were seven of us in our group, and this hotel was booked by one of my friends - which none of us had stayed in previously. We all thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and facilities, along with the friendly and helpful staff.
The hotel itself is lovely, clean and the rooms are great, in particular the suites. The rooftop restaurant has superb views of the city, and breakfast is served here in the mornings - which is a great may to start each day. We also dined at the restaurant a couple of evenings and can thoroughly recommend the tasting menu, which has two menu options, along with the accompanying wines with each course.
Particular mention needs to be made about two of the staff, (i) Patricia, the reservations manager, was great in assisting us with a booking misunderstanding, and (ii) Sergio, one of the porters/concierge, was extremely friendly and certainly made sure we were well looked after.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank RSMorrison
CentralHoteles, Director General at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Querido RSMorrison,
We truly appreciate your detailed review. It is great that you and your friends enjoyed your stay thanks to our personalized service, wonderful facilities and restaurant service at Balcón del Zócalo.
As you may have noticed, we strive to offer to our guests a stay beyond their expectations.
We will share your kind comments with Patricia and Sergio.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

The location in the heart of Mexico was the draw for us. And then then this small boutique hotel continued to impress. With lots of history, this beautiful building has been thoughtfully remodeled to provide lots of charm and comfort. To the expansive, tall ceilings to the comfortable beds and linens, Zocala Central definitely impressed! And then there was the service and amenities: the staff seem to do everything they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. A staff member fetched medicine from the farmacia for us; someone stopped by in the afternoon to drop off candy and the weather report for the next day; fresh apples and cold bottled water is available on each floor for guests. The balcony restaurant continued to impress with amazing views of Zocala Square! In addition to the wonderful meal, there seemed to be no less than 4 wait staff taking care of us at one time. If I had anything negative to say is that you are surveyed about your stay at the desk during the checkout process; I think this should happen in private and at the leisure of the guest. The hotel was exceptional, my daughter and I felt very safe traveling alone and staying here, and I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to this beautiful city. Many thanks to the lobby staff, especially our favorite, Alejandro!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
CentralHoteles, Director General at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Alaskat64,
We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience at Zócalo Central. We are more than pleased to read that our attentive service provided by our staff contributed to an unforgettable stay.
Also, it is great that you enjoyed our varied amenities, restaurant service at Balcón del Zócalo and our central location just steps away to many places for you to explore. We will share your comments with Alejandro.
We appreciate your recommendation.
Please come back soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Elegant, pristine and comfortable boutique hotel in the heart of the Historical district in Mexico City.

From the moment we stepped off the uber, we felt very welcome (shout out to Daniel!). Welcoming staff with a stylish and cozy lobby. The rooms were fairly spacious and the bathroom was selflessly clean. They offer free water - a nice touch.

Location wise, this hotel cannot be beaten. It's a mere 2 minutes to Zocalo plaza/the cathedral and 10 mins to Palacios de Bellas Artes. Easy access to Uber.

We had dinner at El Cafe Popular close by and then dessert at El Balcon del Zocalo, the in-house restaurant. The chocolate cake with hazelnut was an absolute winner. The view from El Balcon is well worth it as well.

You simply can't miss with this hotel!

Dear manzoorf,
Thank you so much for your preference. We are thrilled to read that our helpful service, privileged location and wonderful facilities helped making your stay a memorable experience.
At Central Hoteles we are “Centered on you”
Please come back soon, we will be glad to host you again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2017

A friend of mine and I stayed four nights at Zocalo Central recently. I don't think we could have stayed at a better place. The hotel is just a few steps from the central plaza--the Zócalo. The staff was very friendly, helpful and very competent. The locale is surrounded by fine restaurants and shops. The price for an impeccable double room was very reasonable. My friend and I felt very comfortable in the hotel. Should I return to Mexico, DF at any time in the future, I can't think of a better place to stay than in the Zócalo Central.

Room Tip: For a little extra money, guests can have a room with an excellent view of the zócalo.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
CentralHoteles, Director General at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear ramcee,
We truly appreciate the time you took to share with us your impressions about your recent stay at Zócalo Central. We are thrilled to read that you and your friend had a great time with us and enjoyed our central location, within walking distance to the main tourist attractions in Mexico City, wonderful facilities and attentive service.
Our main aim is to make your stay memorable.
Come back soon!