Stayed with my wife and teen daughter for fall break. We had the Zocalo suite (it has a fabulous view and hardwood floors) and also got the girls a separate room with twin beds. Their room was tiny, but fine for them.
I was pleased with the room except that it is NOISY in the morning. It is right below the restaurant (the restaurant is good) and you hear the chairs starting moving around at 7:00 a.m. It is non-stop.
Staff were kind and accommodating. Sergio at the front door was very helpful.
We were going to uber to Teotihuacan and instead took the hotel van. A perfect choice. $1500 pesos and he waited two hours for us. Much more comfortable than a taxi.
It's busy around Zocalo -- a lot of people -- it gets a little frenetic -- but the hotel is outstanding and good value if you're staying in the Centro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City