This hotel is a tranquil oasis surrounded by embassies in the heart of the city. The courtyards are very pretty, with trees, flowers and fountains. There are tons of restaurants, bars, and taquerias nearby. It's halfway between the Zocalo and Chapultapec Park, and blocks from the Angel de Independencia. Nice staff, restaurant on premises, safe neighborhood. We had a very spacious room with a balcony over the street, cubbies in the roomy closet, and a large tiled walk-in shower. I don't think we could have picked a better hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City