Hotel Casa Gonzalez
Hotel Novit(Mexico City)
US$130
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Mexico Reforma(Mexico City)
US$102
US$184
US$179
US$94
US$92
Zocalo Central(Mexico City)
US$191
US$121
All reviewsbritish embassyother guestsguest houselovely courtyardhome away from homemain avenuesubway stationfew blockschapultepec parksafe neighborhoodpaseo de la reformaother travelershot waterstayed nightsstreet noiserooms are comfortablecommon areas
Reviewed 25 September 2017

The hotel is a beautiful small hotel across from the British Embassy. It is close to may restaurants and stores and only a couple of blocks from Reforma. The staff are some of the best that you will find in any hotel in the world. Many of the guests are repeat customers and I will be of these. I stayed at this hotel in the early 1980s and will soon return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Jorge O, Owner at Hotel Casa Gonzalez, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for your very kind review.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Spent four nights based on recommendations I found on Trip Advisor. Couldn't find a nicer and more helpful group of staff members. They treated me so well. Arranged for 3:45 am taxi, recommended places to see, provided maps. Room very clean and comfortable. The location was safe (close to British and US Embassies) and walking distance to a lot of wonderful sites. Also close to the Reforma 222 mall and Touribus locations. I loved my time in Mexico City and will return to the city and the Casa.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Jorge O, Owner at Hotel Casa Gonzalez, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your very kind review.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This hotel is a block away from the US embassy in Mexico city so from the stand point of location and security is just excellent, The hotel is a good place for business travelers or families without children. Although it lacks of pool, bar and other amenities that American hotels offer, this hotel is nearby reforma Avenue and surrounded by tons of small to big luxurious restaurants. The facility is well maintained, clean and above all: Affordable. Rooms are big, dress up in the most classical Mexican fashion with nice and comfortable beds and pillows. Due to the hotel layout the noise is quite low and acceptable taking into account the local traffic. Restaurant is clean, good menu variety representing local cousin. I have to admit that I was pleased after 10 nights. If I have to choose between this one and the Sheraton Hotel which is 2 blocks away I recommend Casa Gonzalez.

The only two things to watch for: Wifi ( somehow idle inside the rooms ) and lack of air conditioning, which does not feel bad at all taking into account the high ceilings in the rooms.

Downside: lack of good toiletries ( tooth paste, body lotions and so on ).

I grade this hotel as solid 4 stars.

Room Tip: Look for a goos wifi spot.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jorge O, Owner at Hotel Casa Gonzalez, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for your most kind review.
We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay again with us soon.

I do need to add, less expensive rooms are smaller, but the price difference is not that much.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Well we read lots of reviews before we decided to try Hotel Cash Gonzalez and we chose right! We arrived late and the taxi stopped in front of a plain doorway with a tiny sight for the hotel and my heart stopped. Did we choose wrong? What was this place? Well as soon as we were buzzed in we entered an oasis in a very large city. It was a series of small buildings with grass, trees and tables and chairs between. We were greeted by Caesar who had everything ready to check us in. He was wonderfully helpful the whole 6 nights we were there as were everyone we encountered. We had a small problem due to construction noise, but that was resolved quickly. It is in a very safe neighbourhood near a few embassies. We could walk to the Metro and busses including the hop on busses that stopped at the Angel monument to independence. It was about 4 or 5 blocks away.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your most kind review.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We stayed 4 nights and had an excellent experience. They take care with every aspect of their business - the hotel is spotless throughout, the gardens are wonderful, the Front Desk staff are pleasant, professional and efficient. Although the rooms are smallish, they have very good quality furniture, the beds are nicely firm and the bath towels very soft.

We really appreciated the ease with which we could stroll round the Zona Rosa and had a great choice of eating places.

They are not expensive and because I paid by cash I was given a good discount on the quoted price of $955 per night.

Apparently this hotel has been operating since the 1930's and it's easy to see why they continue to do so well. I make frequent visits to Mexico City and will make Hotel Casa González my go-to place from now on.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank londoner_in_yucatan
Jorge O, Owner at Hotel Casa Gonzalez, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for such a kind review.
If you prefer larger rooms the newer rooms are more spacious.