1,387 results
All reviews ricardo legorreta blue lounge chapultepec park club level polanco area big hotel room service bit dated rooms are huge restaurants and bars anthropology museum horta tamayo conference gym concierge renovation
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Camino Real offers an iconic brightly colored hotel experience in a nice neighborhood of Mexico City.

That said, the hotel shows its age and while it has been updated, it's still tough to match more modern venues nearby.

The service is high touch, but I felt obligated to tip the bell boy upon checkin.

The room had a creaky wooden entry and a sliding door to the patio (ground floor room), but the grounds crew was up at the crack of dawn and I was up with them. There was even a fly somehow trapped in my room, but it didn't bite.

I only stayed 1 night, and the lounge seemed like a good spot to get a drink, but I didn't have a chance to explore due to my flight schedule.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the Camino Real Polanco hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback. My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back and of being of service to you in the near future. Once again, thank you for your comments, these are really important to us, in order to improve our performance and service to all our guest, and visitors. At your service any time!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

An architecturally beautiful hotel, at a great location, with spacious & comfortable rooms. What I missed however was the facility to make myself a cup of tea or coffee. All it takes is to provide a kettle & sachets of tea coffee etc which even very basic hotels provide today.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the Camino Real Polanco Hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback. My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back and of being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot and always stay in a good geographical location because of my business meetings , hotel arrival was tough because I landed earlier and the check in was at 3pm
However awesome attention at the reception by the morning manager who manages to put me in a room , thanks , however I had to push hard for that to happened because the first person was basically within what their book said , I understand however this high end hotels always had available rooms , and if you are tired ad need where to land suggest to push a little to get what you need , specially if you travel with kids , just push
Awesome restaurants within the hotel are , try them !!
Anyways enjoy your stay

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

It seems like all the Camino real hotels have one thing in common,they all have unprofessional staff taking care of costumers.In El Paso tx the house keepers clean more than your room and in Mexico City is no different.i wold also like to say that the place is very unsafe,at night they lock all the doors leading to the patios outside and last week we experienced a 5.8 earth quake and when I tried to get to the outside the doors were locked so I had to run even faster to get to the main exit which they are quite far.Next time I come down here I will make sure to stay at the Hyatt or the Marriott where I had always had a great stay,with proffesional staff,and safe and comfortable rooms.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at the Camino Real Hotel Polanco in Mexico City, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services.
I am really very sorry for not being able to meet and exceed your expectations this time. My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

It's been over 25 years since we last stayed at the Camino Real. We were able to return for 3 nights in June and enjoyed every moment. We were upgraded to an Executive Club room facing the pool. (Thank you Expedia) that included a nice continental breakfast daily as well as drinks in the evening.

For architecture enthusiasts, this hotel excels. The modern Mexican design is indicative of the 60's but is timeless. Our room was well laid out and in excellent condition. The area is very walkable with Chapultepec and Polanco an easy walk. We also walked several miles along Reforma and through the Zona Rosa/Condessa areas.
Never felt safety was an issue even when I was walking alone.

Lots of restaurants in the hotel looked good; however we only ate at the café La Huerta where I had the best club sandwich ever.

Again this hotel may not be the most deluxe in Mexico City but is does not disappoint. If you want a hotel that is timeless and original (not your typical luxury but generic property) then this is an excellent choice

Room Tip: Upgrade to Executive Club Level
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018