All reviews living room zona rosa apartment hotel we stayed in a two bedroom vibrant nightlife free breakfast kitchen area airport shuttle your doorstep mexican breakfast wi fi metro station walking distance home away from home small gym would stay here again central location
Reviewed 22 December 2014

I'm a sucker for a good breakfast, and I found the breakfasts to be wonderful (although, I did wonder why we were never offered rolls as were many other tables -- I insisted the last day)! Ask for the full menu. We were given the English menu the first day which includes only 3 items (had the chicken enchiladas that day) - but the Spanish menu had about 15 items. We were there for 5 breakfasts (had to leave too early for the last day) and all were great. Suite (1 bedroom apartment, really) on the 7th floor was wonderful as well, although I found the sofa uncomfortable. Took care of the problem by taking back cushion out and using pillow from the bed as the back rest. Wish we knew people in Mexico City as we could have had our own party in the room. Kitchenette well equipped. Regarding the noise others comment on, I don't think being in the back would help, but perhaps. The last night finally shut the bedroom door and that helped. Only kept me awake Friday and Saturday. All employees we encountered were super helpful and all spoke some English (more than my Spanish, fortunately). Close to the metro - although, I would probably try to avoid the metro during rush hours (maybe 4 to 8 or so). Close to restaurants. There is rumor of a supermarket (Sumesa) nearby, but we never found it. Wish the restaurant were open for dinner as based on the quality of the breakfast, it would likely be great.

Room Tip: We were in room 772 - and as long as the bedroom door was closed, the bedroom was quiet. I don't think being high up made a difference, as sound goes up (I've been on the 30th floor of a hotel and still heard street noise).
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trvlnsandy
Reviewed 21 December 2014

We were very impressed with the beautiful room, the excellent attitude and willingness of the staff to help with any request, and the delicious breakfast prepared with attention. The location is exceptional for food (one of the important factors for a successful vacation), and centrally located. The front desk always gave us great advice and called for safe transportation to get us around. Mexico City is beautiful, safe, with kind people and outstanding service at every turn. Hotel Amberes is a place I look forward to returning the next time I visit!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gene T
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Members of my family and I have stayed at Amberes Suites on three different occasions and will plan to return, since we visit Mexico City annually. The location can't be beat, in the centro historico, but not in the busier downtown area near the zocalo. Zona Rosa is walkable, with many good restaurants.

The habitaciones are actually apartment size, much bigger that a hotel room. Perfect for a family. While the furniture and beds could be more "cushy", it was extremely worth it to us to have the kitchenette/refrigerator in a great location and a very reasonable price. While the price varies depending on the season, we have frequently paid well under $100 for a one or two bedroom. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The two bedroom units have an awning across the window and not a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2014

My wife and stayed here for a night during our visit to Mexico City. The service at this hotel is excellent. The staff went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable during our stay. The rooms are two bedroom suites. Honestly, it was an apartment. When we viewed the hotel online, we were concerned that the room and the furnishings were a bit dated. Considering the service, the staff, and the price we could not be more happy with our stay in Amberes Suites. We will stay there again and we highly recommend.

Free breakfast, free wifi, and free airport shuttle after 10am was included in our stay. Since our flight was scheduled to leave prior to the shuttle service, the staff arranged a private driver for 200 pesos. Excellent!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank O_Blackmon
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Very good hotel spoiled by its location. The Zona Rosa may no longer be a dangerous place to walk around at night, but it is crowded, loud and trashy. The suites at Amberes are huge by hotel standards. The breakfasts are excellent. The bed is huge, but it is as hard as a rock. We could have been sleeping on a straw mat on the floor. The bedrooms do not face the street, which is good because you wouldn't be able to sleep if they did. The booming of the bands and the bad singing of the street drunks still makes it to the bedroom, but as a dull background noise. The staff is attentive and courteous.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends