Hotel Casa del Agua
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel San Diego(Guanajuato)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Hotel de la Paz(Guanajuato)
La Casa Azul(Guanajuato)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbed was very comfortablehistoric centerno elevatorbellsinternacionallobbyfestivalcityinternetmexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

First let me say that the staff of this hotel was extremely kind and welcoming. The hotel was very clean and well cared for albeit somewhat dated. Bed was very comfortable. Glad that I read some of the earlier reviews and got an interior room. Sound from the street rose up and filled the room every morning. Church bells were pleasant, but they started at 7AM. You had a choice, shut your interior balcony door and sweat it out or crack the door and and bear with the noise. No fans in any of the rooms combined with no A/C led to uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. No internet, and the bar in the lobby appears to have been closed for some time. Breakfast was adequate but limited to 3 or 4 things. Paid over $110 a night and expected more. I realize that's not a lot but compared to some other hotels in the area around the same price it was a disappointment. I should have made a different choice and spent a little bit more for more comfortable accommodations. Stayed in 3 different hotels during my time in Mexico and this was my least favorite.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

This place has the best location, its close to most major monuments and the service was excellent. The staff, all of them, went above and beyond to make us happy and to ensure we are comfortable. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Beautiful clean hotel in a great location. The staff was exceptionally friendly, room and bathroom was clean and spacious. Bed was very comfortable and the views from our cute small balcony were amazing!

Room Tip: Our room was right above the office corner street; a little noisy but beautiful view of the church.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We spent three nights here. Our room was huge. Bed was great and bathroom big. This is a three minute walk to Plaza de La Paz, which is what I would consider to be the center of the city. The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 31 March 2016

I was in this hotel during my Easter holidays.

The price was very high because I could only book a few days before my arrival and was the only one available that convinced me especially for its location, close to everything.

My only complaint is not against the hotel but against internet reservation sites because they do not put in advance that the price did not include up to 20% tax, so I felt not good about this.

About the hotel, its location is superb, in the best area of Guanajuato, have a convenient parking a few blocks from the hotel and attentiveness of the staff is very good. Its good breakfast and comfortable facilities.

The only but is the noise, the city is very noisy on holidays and this prevents you rest properly. Otherwise, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family