Review Highlights
Great gardens, wonderful concert

We loved our visit to Casa gene Byron. Sunday's is usually concert day at 1:00pm. Cost is 140 pesos... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
suzannelbrock
Central Oregon, USA
via mobile
A Favorite!

For me and many of my friends, the Sunday noon Chamber Music concerts are a weekly must! The... read more

Reviewed 16 May 2018
Jürgen B
Ciudad Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Guanajuato
All reviews stone walls chamber music musical events concert marfil violin musicians interior orchestra art university pesos mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2016

I've never been to this place before, it was quite worth it. I absolutely loved it. The museum was quite beautiful, and the guide was really helpful. You can take as many photos as you want, and the architecture of the place is lovely. The houses have the enchanting vibe of a Mexican hacienda. They have many paintings from the author and they show you the beautiful house of Gene Byron. You can even meet Gene Byron's husband, who still lives there and is very nice. I would just recommend wearing flats or tennis since the road to get in the house is quite steep. If you or people who accompanies you have wheelchair, be careful because the road from the main entrance to the house is quite steep and full of rocks. It's a lovely place, and the gardens are lovely!

Date of experience: June 2016
4  Thank Alejandra R
Reviewed 12 June 2016

This was our third or fourth trip to GTO and wanted to get out and explore the area a little more. What a treat the casa is. It's a colonial era home remodeled in the 60's with colonial and modern antiques. I LOVED the aesthetics of the home, the lovely gardens and property were a treat to visit. So much great local art in this home it was a great find. The gift shop has some wonderful unique gift items as well. I highly recommend.

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank well_traveled_b
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Wonderful display of her home and her artwork.
Upstairs is a her gallery and I heard that her husband is there very sunday

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We visited the house where Gene Byron had lived at one time. Her work was displayed throughout the house. Very nice place.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 24 January 2016

charming place with concerts and ticket pays for hors d' and wine after the music for 140 pesos each.

Date of experience: January 2016