See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2017

This is a long overdue review of Casa Estrella: our home for 4 months last year. The home is gorgeous! Everything was well thought out to ensure a wonderful and very comfortable stay. We had everything we needed and then some. The kitchen, which was featured on the cover of a magazine, had 2 sinks, a dishwasher, high end stove/oven, large refrigerator, blender, microwave, and everything else you need to cook for a crowd (it was a B&B after all). I could go on and on about the numerous features this home has, but I think I'll just focus on the owners and the staff who truly made the house a home. The owners went above and beyond to ensure we had an enjoyable time in their home as well as Guanajuato. Upon arrival, they provided us with milk, cheese, all the basics and bought us strawberries to get us started. Later on, they treated us to dinner at a nearby local restaurant. Additionally, the staff took excellent care of us. We are a family of 4, however, my husband had to commute back to the US to work, therefore, I was on my own with my 2 boys most of the time. Javier, the manager, not only made me feel safe, but assisted me with anything I needed. He goes out of his way to ensure all your needs are met. The rest of the staff were all very service minded. Overall, we truly enjoyed our stay in Guanajuato and a huge part of that was because of the people we met here and the large and lovely house we were able to call home for a few months. Lastly, the views. The views from the balcony, the living room and all the bedrooms were amazing! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mjavena
Reviewed 14 May 2015

Stayed here last year and loved it. So sad to receive an e-mail from the owners announcing they have decided to close the hotel effective May 31 this year. Hopefully someone will take it over because it is in a beautiful location overlooking the town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2015

An attractive location apart from the busy and noisy center place but taxis are honest and avaliable in G. A beautiful house with a mixture of local and Mexican furnishing. A smiling staff always ready to welcome your wishes. And Xavier a perfect majordorme able to give you very personalized advice.the ultimate bed and breakfast/boutique hotel by all standards not just in Mexico....

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2015

This is a very well run operation. The staff & owner were incredibly warm, welcoming and helpful. Its been decorated with care and with quality material .. special shout-out for the divine bed sheets! I welcomed that it was a retreat from the hustle & bustle of the center of the city. We comfortably took the public bus (~50 cents) to el centro and took taxis back (~50 pesos). Honestly, its not as far as I was thinking reading reviews prior. I really enjoyed our hot breakfasts and getting to meet the other guests. The hostel recommended Mr Rigo (whose last name I've forgotten) and we enjoyed a very comprehensive tour of Guanajuato from him. The B+B is a few steps away from the church of Valenciana which is gorgeous. Subsequently we stayed in a very pricey "5-star" hotel in SMA but kept remarking on how much nicer our B&B Casa Estrella de la Valenciana stay was!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2014

On the top of the hill. Lovely and beautiful house with good view. Impressed by the gracious hospitality of the staff there. Worth our whole trip and wish could stay more nights! They arrange the driver to take us to the next city of our trip and gave us a lot of good advice and help with traveling in town. The Jacuzzi is also awesome.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends