See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2004

Few places live up to their promotional material. Casa Estrella not only lives up to it's promotions, but even exceeds them. I was totally blown away with this place. My wife wants to go back to Mexico just to stay at Casa Estrella again. As much as I love sight seeing and exploring new places, when we were out exploring all Guanajuato has to offer I occasionally found myself eager to return to the bed and breakfast. It was just so warm and inviting. Day or night, the view is incredible. The roof top patio is a marvelous place to sit, relax and enjoy. A stay at Casa Estrella is a vacation within itself.

I've traveled all around Mexico and have stayed in a variety of places but none have covered all the details as well as this place. As silly as this may sound, but if you've traveled any at all you know how important this particular fact is... but the mattress on the bed was heavenly. The linens were exquisite! I challenge you to find that anywhere else in Mexico!

It would be effortless to go on and on about all the wonderful things at Casa Estrella but instead I'll say it like this. Even though my wife and I were pampered well beyond our needs and expectations, it was evident that any other request, question or whatever... Sharon, Jaye and the staff were immediately ready to help with anything if at all possible. They made us feel not like guest, but like members of their own family. For this, I am eternally grateful and we look forward to our next trip to Guanajuato and Casa Estrella.

3  Thank Adventure36421
Reviewed 27 September 2004

Imagine yourself in the hills in the middle of Colonial Mexico. And imagine that you come upon this beautifully appointed B&B, with wrought iron gates and flowering plants surrounding the landscape. As you open the door you are impressed by the decor of true Mexican style furniture and artwork thoughout. You gaze out the windows facing the city, either day or night, and are immediately struck by the view. You are greeted by warm, friendly people who make you feel at home with their positive attitude, and most helpful services. You are escorted to your room and when the door opens, you are again impressed with the decor and beautifully appointed furniture and artwork. The bathrooms are especially beautiful for their walls and sinks of genuine Mexican tile. Your morning breakfasts are freshly prepared with more than adequate portions of fresh fruit, cold cereals, juices, authenic Mexican desayunos, and sometimes, fresh tortillas. For your daily itinerary you are supported by information from the manager or one of their staff. They are more than willing to give you ideas and places to see and experience. We were there for over 10 days and still found it hard to imagine a more comfortable setting in the middle of Colonial Mexico!

1  Thank DrDSanDiego_CA
Reviewed 21 September 2004

What can you add to the other ratings stated? This is a true jewel of a B&B run by true jewels of Mexico. All the other ratings have stated very much what my wife and I experienced. There was no detail left undone. Sharon (the owner), Javier , Rosa,and Blanca, combine first class service with a personal touch that we have never experienced before. What is amazing is that all the other guests recieved the same service! (See the other entries).
Dont miss this one on your trip to Colonial Mexico!

Reviewed 11 September 2004

Well, where do I begin? Guanajuato is a very special place for my husband and I as we met here in 1997 during our studies at La Universidad de Guanajuato. We visited GTO again in 2001 and stayed in the jardin but found it to be too busy and noisy. Casa Estrella was the PERFECT place to stay during our September visit.

My husband and I spent four fabulous days at Casa Estrella. We were the only guests during our stay so we were treated like royalty and had the run of the house. The Valenciana room is wonderful!! The views are amazing, the linens and robes are to die for and the food is out of this world! Javier is quite the cook. Be sure to request the oatmeal pancakes with bananas!

Jaye was wonderful to work with during the planning of our trip. We had lots of questions and she was always quick to respond via email and phone. Sharon was a fantastic host during our stay. She tended to our every need along with Blanca and Rosa. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sharon, Jaye and their staff members.

My husband scheduled a mountain biking excursion with Javier one morning and would highly recommend future guests to do so. Javier is very knowledgable regarding mountain biking and his rates are very reasonable.

We will never forget our stay at Casa Estrella and definitely made some wonderful friends with the Estrella family while we were there.

2  Thank ajoy19
Reviewed 4 September 2004

You can read the other reviews to get everyone's opinion... I would just be repeating everything said. We stayed there in July 2004. I will just say EVERYTHING was wonderful!

My son loved it! My wife loved it! And I loved the sauna in our room! Sharon and her staff did not miss a thing!!!