See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was very impressed with the hotel. Not only is it beautiful and tastefully decorated, it is very well maintained. My room (I stayed in Cata) was clean and quiet, the bed and pillows were fantastic, which made sleeping very comfortable, and breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. I found the staff to be very professional and friendly - nothing was ever a problem! My special thanks go to Javier who helped me arrange my tours. I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone traveling to Guanajuato.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
mexicaninns, Owner at Casa Estrella de la Valenciana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Casa Estrella while visiting Guanajuato! You were our first visitor from Russia which was noteworthy for us; we want thank you for choosing Casa Estrella de la Valenciana!!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

What a wonderful place. the view, the interior, the warm and welcoming staff. You feel instantly at home here. The whole place is at such a scale that it never feels like a hotel. More like a lovely house. Unfortunately I cannot give the 5 stars since the room (Sirena) we upgraded to on arrival had a sauna that did not heat up properly. Even after more than an hour preheating (please notice that the heating system turns off automatically after 30 minutes or so). The simple reason for that is that the whole space is covered in cold, yet beautiful, tiles. Saunas are for a reason made of wood. It did not spoil our fun, though.
When we get the chance we'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
mexicaninns, Owner at Casa Estrella de la Valenciana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

I regret that the steam room did not heat properly for you. When we tested it, the steam was fully functioning in about 5 minutes, so I am not sure what happened. When something like that happens, we hope that guests will notify the staff as no one was aware that you were having problems with the heat. Our staff has been reminded to ask guests if anything is not working to their satisfaction so we can attend to it.
Also, traditional steam rooms, unlike saunas, usually have stone or tile interiors because of the high humidity heated environment. Nevertheless, we are happy that you enjoyed your trip to Guanajuato and were comfortable at the inn; better yet, that you plan to return some day in the future!!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

From the moment we arrived at night to even after we left the next day, we couldn't stop thinking about how wonderful this "casa" was. The interior and exterior was amazing and each person we met during our stay was fabulous. The room, snacks, view, breakfast, everything.. was AWESOME!

We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I spent the weekend there with my husband and we absolutely loved it. The decoration was awesome, I wanted to take pictures of everything. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Adan, our host, found us a great parking spot (gated) and he was very helpful. The food was delicious. We had to rush out because we got a call from our doggy-sitter that our dog was lost, so we didn't get to see everything that was recommended by the staff, but we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The feeling you get when you arrive to the hotel is priceless. You feel like you arrived home. It's a beautiful house with a beautiful view. Each suite is different, and they are all spacious and well-equipped. We stayed at the Valenciana suite, which has an outdoor jacuzzi and outdoor seating, very nice and very comfortable. Free parking on site, too.
The staff is incredibly nice and welcoming. We appreciated Juan's and Angelica's help getting there and advice regarding the city. We even got a goodbye gift from Angelica when we checked out. Great attention to detail.
The hotel is 10 minutes away (by car) from the city center, so know that you will need to move by taxi (50 pesos each way) if you stay here. We were glad we stayed there because the center of Guanajuato is VERY VERY loud at night. We were surprised at the amount of night clubs there were and the booming bass that invaded the air everywhere. Very annoying.
Everything is clean, the decorations are beautiful and very true to Guanajuato's style. The living room, dining area, and balcony are spectacular and very cozy. The breakfast is plentiful and absolutely delicious!! Coffee, tea, fresh fruit, orange juice, milk, cereal, granola, yogurt, sweet bread, and yummy chilaquiles.
If we return to Guanajuato, we will surely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple