“Disappointing, beautiful grounds good food, but rooms and service not as expected”
Review of Camino Real Sumiya

Camino Real Sumiya
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Cuernavaca
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Me and my team (party of 7) attended a 2 day workshop here. Nice grounds, beautiful surroundings, good food but service was very disappointing, slow & bad, with no coordination between what was offered and what we found upon arrival. Rooms were a trip back in time (80's if not 70's). Old, dark, noisy, and all fittings worn out.
The wireless internet (PAID SERVICE!!!!!) remind pretty much what a dial up 32K modem was back in the mid 90'. Simply outrageous, and no solutions from front desk.
A tip for the manager to advise the staff: Answers shouldn't start with a "no".
No ground pepper at the restaurant. Maybe I'll take one next time.... if there is a next time.

Room Tip: Internet is bad but at building 3, rooms near the end of the premises...is even worst.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank dcsilvap

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

We spent one night there, the gardens are beautiful, and the service is good as well. If you liked the pictures, then you will like the place.

The rooms are a little bit old, but in very good shape.

The food is not their strength though , It's better to go to town.

Net, I wouldn't mind staying again,
But would check other options as well.

Good luck!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

we stayed at camino real sumiya, this is a special place because of its japanese architecture, the reception are gardens are very nice, though the rooms are very old, they have cheap flooring, they havent been remodeled in years, the bathrooms are very dark and old aswell.

you pay a high price for your stay and i feel its no worth it.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marinalebo
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Food at the Japanese restaurant was not only bad, one of our party was slightly ill after eating there. Our room was not made up, but the complimentary coffee was taken out of our room before checking out, meaning we could not get a coffee in the early afternoon. Wifi was supposed to be complimentary according to their web site but turned out not to be. Beds were hard as boards. We like firm beds but these were uncomfortable and unpleasant to the point where we got backaches. There was a 20 minute wait to get our car when going out to dinner. There are many many better hotels in Cuernavaca. Sunday brunch was good but did not make up for everything else. This hotek is definitely on our "never go back" list.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 11 May 2016

This hotel has incredible landscapes, but as soon as you get to the facilities you realize that you're back in the 90s I was there as a guest to a wedding and the first thing I asked is which of the gardens the wedding would be, I told say the first name of the future spouses and they said they had no event for those persons. I took my invitation and then they told me that the next time I shall give only the second names of the bride and groom, that they organize their your events with surnames.

On reaching the building where my room was, we got a dark lift to the fourth floor and entered a room just as dark. The small coffee service has additional cost, the bottle with water has additional cost, the internet has additional cost, the shower was horrible, three threads of water literally, have no cable television or at least my room did not, the blanket the bed was more like a loofah, a terrible experience for me.

I left earlier than indicated for check out and in doing so I asked if he had any consumption in the room, I told them no and to turn around other people attending the reception whispered to send someone to check, really? are also saying that I am lying?

Room Tip: I can´t recommend any room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolina B
Travellers also viewed these Cuernavaca hotels
2.1 km away
4.1 km away
Mision Cuernavaca
Mision Cuernavaca
#14 of 59 in Cuernavaca

Been to Camino Real Sumiya? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Camino Real Sumiya

Address: Int Fraccionamiento Sumiya S/N | Jiutepec, Morelos, Cuernavaca 62550, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Morelos > Cuernavaca
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Cuernavaca
Price Range: €76 - €137 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Camino Real Sumiya 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camino Real Sumiya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Camino Real Sumiya Cuernavaca