All reviews grand suite plunge pool satellite tv yogurt short walk to the beach araceli patio sodas salsa troncones perfection
Reviewed 18 January 2018

This was our second time In Zihu and staying at hotel Cinco Sentidos. It was so amazing and remains one of our favorites places to visit (mainly because of this hotel). Araceli and her sister Maribel attended to our every need as well as Araceli making us gourmet breakfasts every morning. Araceli helped us plan and book our excursions which was very helpful as our spanish is limited. We were part of a group and had all 5 rooms booked and we all felt very welcome and safe. The rooms are very clean, spacious, beautiful views. I loved the pool, it was the favorite part of my vacation. This hotel should be #1. My friend who was travleing with us, described first seeing this hotel as her awe moment of the year!! . We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I hesitate to write this review because I would like to keep this little gem a secret!

We stayed at Cinco Sentidos the beginning of January. It was one of the best trips I've ever taken. Our fabulous host Araceli was always there with whatever we needed, such a lovely lady!

The property is beautiful, with a breathtaking view of the bay. Our room (#2) was just what we needed, comfortable, clean, great shower, cold AC and close to the pool area. Yes, there are a lot of stairs, but not too many that make it difficult (probably just enough to help work off the delicious breakfasts that Araceli prepared each day). Thanks also to her sister Maribel for serving the breakfast and all the other things that she does to help around the hotel.

We felt very safe in the area and loved our excursions (snorkel tour, sunset cruise and deep sea fishing). I'm not a shopper and I had fun in the town market with the locals.

Casual dinners on the beach to fancier, candlelight dinners we totally enjoyed our time in Zihua. We will be back for a second visit to Cinco Sentidos for sure!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed 17 January 2018

This is our second vacation spent in Zihuatanejo,as well as Cinco Sentidos. From the minute you walk onto the property you feel the warmth of the climate and the hospitality from Araceli and her sister Maribelle. The views from each room is spectacular and the interior is as well and each having a plunge pool!The infinity pool’s location overlooks La Ropa Bay to enjoy the beautiful sunsets.Each morning you are treated to a beautiful view only to be topped by a gormet breakfast prepared by Araceli. Araceli is not only your host and cook but a wonderful concierge as well. A few of us were looking to charter a fishing boat and without hesitation she made all the phone calls and found one one the could accommodate us and we had a great time. While we were there I heard about travel warnings for the Zihuatanejo area.My experience was greeted by friendly and very helpful people. Not once did I ever feel uneasy and I pretty much walked everywhere and being that I live in the city of Chicago I am confident when I say not only is Zihuatanejo safe but one of the most beautiful places in Mexico, so if you are planning a trip definitely check out Cinco Sentidos.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff35805
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Where do I start? Gorgeous place, every detail is so well thought out. From the details of the suites, the property overall, the breakfasts and the care and love of the owner Araceli and the staff that is so evident. We stayed in the grand suite on the top floor and wanted for nothing. Arrived to a batch of amazing guacamole, salsa and a fridge stocked with beer, sodas and water. The breakfasts were the best we had this trip. Beautiful platters of fruit and a different main dish every day. Loved the homemade granola, yogurt and marmelade.

The plunge pool on the patio with the view was so perfect. As was the air conditioned bedroom with satellite tv and same amazing view. Cell service was very good. Wifi was hit and miss in our room. Good on the dining area patio. For us this mattered as we were away during the wild fires in Sonoma County and being in touch with our pet sitter and others was critical. We had to leave a lovely rental house near Troncones we were staying at because of the lousy cell and wifi. Any other time it would not have mattered as much. But just a heads up....

Beautifully decorated and maintained. Small and intimate. Crisp clean sheets and towels, it was heavenly! We were the only guests when we were there last week. I think the level of service would always be as high and personal as it was during our stay, even with a full house.

Can’t imagine staying anywhere else in Zihuatanejo....thank you Araceli and to all for a great stay!

Room Tip: Loved the grand suite, highly recommended unless a lot of stairs is a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2017

This our 6th trip to Zihuatanejo and our 2nd stay here. We will never stay anywhere else! There are stairs to the rooms which could be a challenge for some but it is well worth it if it isn't problem.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple