“Cooking class with Antonio”

Acopio Restaurant fka The Zi Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 243 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Although I had made a previous review of the same restaurant it ended up being on a day that the chef was not there. Maybe it explains it. However we went on to do a cooking class where we went to the Mercado in the city to pick up fresh ingredients and proceeded to make fresh guacamole fresh pico de gallo fresh ceviche and a fresh fish dish with mango wrapped in banana leaves. It was fun it was a great meal and it was very reasonable. Not sure if it's only available to embarc members but it's well worth doing it

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Whether you are staying at the Embarc resort, to which this restaurant is a part of, or not, it’s definitely worth a visit! You will not be disappointed!
Fresh fish (even bring your own catch - as we did) abounds and Chef Antonio will not disappoint. Try the octopus and fresh tuna - some of the beat we’ve ever had.
Service is attentive and friendly, and the views are spectacular.
(note: you may want to spray on some DEET bug spray before you come, mosquitoes are aggressive on your legs here at sunset).

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I am staying at this resort and have eaten at this restaurant several times. Every meal has been delicious. I had the baked whole red snapper and it was so good!!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We did not have dinner on this trip but had breakfast a couple of times. The service is always excellent and the food was very good. The view is spectacular and worth every penny you spend. I am not sure what local coffee they use but I love it!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

My goodness. What an experience this trip was. Yes, food makes a big difference when it comes to vacationing. This restaurant is located in the resort. Some of the food is specialty foods and others are typical seafood and American good. My family loves Mexican food but it wasn’t really on the menu. We asked our wait-staffer, Angel, and he mentioned that the chef would make a dish, authentic Mexican dish. That was 4 days ago! Every meal thereafter was authentic and personal! The chef name is Erica and her staff is incredible. I am happy, pleased and full. Oh an yeah, the homemade ice cream is crazy crazy delicious. I loved the Strawberry ice cream!

Michael