“Hidden Treasure ”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This is a small cafe kind of tucked away from the action. We ate there last night and EVERYTHING was Exquisite. We had corn soup, chicken and the octopus was to die for (I had never had octopus) as was the dessert. We can't wait to see how their breakfasts are

Reviewed 23 March 2017

A small upscale restaurant with the same ownership as KauKan. Has a local following for business and special occasion breakfasts and celebrations. Popular with tourists for dinner. Service can be slow, but it is dining after all, not just eating. Menu features chicken, pork, and seafood. Salads are large and excellent. Also really enjoy their shrimp and or red snapper dishes.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner last night at Candela.
It is a quiet lovely restaurant owned and run by a young chef and his lovely wife Cassandra.

We started with delicious margaritas, my husband with tequila and mine with Mescal. We started with grouper ceviche and leak/onion tart. Both were ample in size and delicious.
Then I had a grilled octopus, melting tender in the mouth with various grilled vegetables. My husband had a ribeye steak with a baked potato, the steak came with a delicious sauce which we could not figure out the ingredients. Yummy and unique.
We were too full to try the deserts. Alas. The price came to $795 pesos. Very reasonable for the excellent meal for two.

We looked at their breakfast menu also, which was enticing and good variety. We plan to try their breakfast also. They are open for breakfast and dinners every day!

I poked my head in the kitchen to thank the chef. Surprised how young he is. An achievement to run such an excellent restaurant so young. We plan to visit his restaurant every time we will be in Zihua. Look forward to how he will continue to grow as a chef. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This little restaurant, tucked away at the bottom of the hill from the Hotel Irma (the climb back up takes quite a few calories!), should not be missed by anyone visiting Zihuatanejo.

I decided on the shrimp skewers sitting atop a bed of rice cooked in lime and garlic sauce. Wonderful. My wife started with the stuffed avocado: shrimp and ginger. The portion was a meal in itself. She ordered the red snapper with rice, and was able to substitute grilled red pepper for the usual zucchini.

I topped my evening with halado de coco.

A wonderful experience that ran 745 pesos for the meal, two glasses of win and two bottles of water.

Additionally, the canned music was easy on the ears, from opera, the Buena Vista Social Club, Breakfast at Tiffany's "Moon River" ...

1  Thank Bendercl
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Second time we've eaten there this year and sooo good! Might have to eat there again before we leave.