All reviews jacuzzi on the balcony master suite lounge chairs walk into town wedding planner no elevator beautiful hotel sitting area hotel guests overlooking the bay downtown zihuatanejo boutique hotel great pool mexican hotel ceviche common areas family vacation
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights in this lovely hotel on the hill overlooking Madera beach in Zihuatanejo. Loved the sea breeze and the views. The service is excellent, I received a late check out on my final day as a courtesy. The restaurant on the beach has great pizzas cooked on a wood fire and breakfast is fine too. The balconies with jacuzzi are very comfortable. You can walk easily into the friendly Mexican buzz of ZIH and easily take a boat to Playa de las gatas as well. I will come back for sure, probably with the family. Just don't expect super wifi.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Corneel K
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous giving a vibe of Old Mexico mixed with boutique touches like fresh hibiscus on your pillows. The staff are super friendly, and most speak at least some English. Each room has a private balcony and hot tub, along with a view of the ocean.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

We spent 3 nights and loved it! If you can walk up stairs ( there is no elevator) you will love everything about this place!
It is on a hill overlooking the the z bay... On the edge, in the perfect location. Great pool, restaurant, service....
Love it!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

Today is my last night here. I just told the lady that my flight is not until 4pm and she gave me late checkout no problem tomorrow. I have nothing but good things to say about this lovely hotel and staff. If you are looking for a big resort go to Ixtapa but if you looking for boutique with old world charm look no further. Although older hotel is well kept. Rooms are spacious. Views are lovely. Staff are the best the food is delicious. Even the steps that many talk about I welcomed them because I knew I would eating like crazy. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again. Thank you Hotel Aura del Mar for a lovely stay and a very relaxing vacay.

Stayed: June 2015
3  Thank chocolatelala
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

We stayed in a balcony room facing the beach/waves. Lots of stairs to go down to the beach - loved the extra mini workout. Oversized jacuzzi tub on the balcony was fun and private. Service was great. Really enjoyed walking into town from the beach and shopping in the village was fun too. Very local feel. Not so touristy

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple