“Favorite meal in Z”

Ranked #26 of 349 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: A lot of places claim to be for the "locals" but this place actually is where they eat. The name means "crazy potato" in English and that is their speciality. Huge baked potato's filled with buttter, sour cream, cheese and then a variety of meats. Their tacos al pastor and pico de gallo are the best I've ever tasted. Nothing on the menu is more than $50 peso's or about $4usd. Very popular spot with the locals and tourist's that want to experience authentic Mexican food..
Reviewed 24 December 2017

This may have been the cheapest meal at 195 pesos for 4 coronas and dinner for two, but it was one of my favorites. The potatoes are unbelievably good. The service was perfect. The ambiance is cultural.
I would absolutely go back to this place again. We arrived at areound 5:00 and they were not ready for services yet but let us sit and have a beer while we waited. By the time we finished eating every table was full and people were waiting in line.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This place is very popular with the locals, as well as many Gringos. The food is nothing to write home about but you get a decent size potato cooked with their special style. It did take a long time to get drinks (20 min) but they were quite busy. The services was average and the food was cheap. This place is a decent option if you are looking to experience real Mexico and have a budget dinner. however if you are looking for a nice night out for dinner look elsewhere.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

We kept hearing about this place from friends back home, locals, etc..... I thought to myself what is so great about baked potatoes? Well I was so wrong.... they do HUGE baked potatoes any way you can imagine them! It is a little outside the main tourist area so probably a cab is a good option - we took a cab there and then walked back to our hotel once I knew where we were exactly. This was definitely a mostly locals place, lots of families eating here and lots of cars pulling up to get orders to go. And now I know why... the potatoes are a great value - they are so big they are a meal for 2 people! We had an order of the tacos pastor, an order of scallions, the Chingona potato and 2 beers for 150 pesos.... that was about $7.50 US with the exchange rate! Amazing! The potato was tomato, bacon and shrimp and we threw in the onions - So very good! Would go back in a heartbeat if I could right now!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This place was recommended to me by a tour guide that I have taken several tours with over two visits to Zihua. He said it is his favorite tacqueria in Zihua, and a favorite among the locals. I had the namesake potato, Papa Loca, which is with pork, cheese, and pineapple. It was wonderful Also had two flour tacos with pastor (a style of roasted pork) and cheese. Also excellent. You of course get chips and salsa to start, and a plate with a roasted onion, radishes, and other garnishes for the tacos. The place was really busy with the local trade, so it took a minute for the food to come out, but I was delighted with it. Nothing fancy, and a bit out of the tourist area, but well worth the trip! And very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Lapapa Loca is an amazing place for real authentic Mexican tacos and an extraordinary whirl on the baked potatoes! It’s a must try while visiting in Zihuatanejo! The amount of food given, the price occurred and the service was unbelievable! Delicious so say the very least!