“A Crazy Potatoe..... A Crazy Good Flavor and Good value!”
Review of La Papa Loca

La Papa Loca
Ranked #20 of 363 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: A lot of places claim to be for the "locals" but this place actually is where they eat. The name means "crazy potato" in English and that is their speciality. Huge baked potato's filled with buttter, sour cream, cheese and then a variety of meats. Their tacos al pastor and pico de gallo are the best I've ever tasted. Nothing on the menu is more than $50 peso's or about $4usd. Very popular spot with the locals and tourist's that want to experience authentic Mexican food..
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We kept hearing about this place from friends back home, locals, etc..... I thought to myself what is so great about baked potatoes? Well I was so wrong.... they do HUGE baked potatoes any way you can imagine them! It is a little outside the main tourist area so probably a cab is a good option - we took a cab there and then walked back to our hotel once I knew where we were exactly. This was definitely a mostly locals place, lots of families eating here and lots of cars pulling up to get orders to go. And now I know why... the potatoes are a great value - they are so big they are a meal for 2 people! We had an order of the tacos pastor, an order of scallions, the Chingona potato and 2 beers for 150 pesos.... that was about $7.50 US with the exchange rate! Amazing! The potato was tomato, bacon and shrimp and we threw in the onions - So very good! Would go back in a heartbeat if I could right now!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This place was recommended to me by a tour guide that I have taken several tours with over two visits to Zihua. He said it is his favorite tacqueria in Zihua, and a favorite among the locals. I had the namesake potato, Papa Loca, which is with pork, cheese, and pineapple. It was wonderful Also had two flour tacos with pastor (a style of roasted pork) and cheese. Also excellent. You of course get chips and salsa to start, and a plate with a roasted onion, radishes, and other garnishes for the tacos. The place was really busy with the local trade, so it took a minute for the food to come out, but I was delighted with it. Nothing fancy, and a bit out of the tourist area, but well worth the trip! And very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Lapapa Loca is an amazing place for real authentic Mexican tacos and an extraordinary whirl on the baked potatoes! It’s a must try while visiting in Zihuatanejo! The amount of food given, the price occurred and the service was unbelievable! Delicious so say the very least!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This place is awesome. Local vibes combined with a busy atmosphere and great food makes for a nice dinner!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

If you're in town and you don't eat here you wasted your trip. I am not exaggerating. Easily the best thing I've eating in recent memory. 10 tacos, one papa loca (feeds two), three beers and two baskets of chips for $14. We were the only tourists in the house and the smartest tourists in town!

3  Thank DrewBarmakian