See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here....our ocean view room was steps from the beach. Staff at all levels, especially the front desk were great and willing to help. These are advertised as a suite - full size fridge but the kitchen went downhill from there. Few amenities, very little to cook with, and nothing provided in the way of dish linen or soap. I would have paid a higher daily rate to have a better kitchen if we had known up front. Bed is hard but comfortable. Housekeeping does a great job but the silicone in the kitchen and shower area is full of black mould. The hotel needs to do a bit of upgrading in the rooms to replace broken or cracked shower tiles and in the kitchen. Patio area has been refurbished. Can't beat the location close to centro. Great restaurants in every direction. No pool here but nice palapas out on the beach with friendly wait staff. Likely wouldn't stay here again unless they did a bit of upgrading. Beach is perfect for small children, waves are not too big. Lots of stairs to the rooms if you are mobility challenged.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SagebrushCanada
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I like this hotel. We've stayed here 2 or 3 times. Prices are moderate, rooms clean and service good. Once we were in room 3, very spacious with outside kitchen, which I love, and a fantastic, huge terrace with wonderful view. This time I booked late at peak season and we were stuck w/ one of the inside rooms but w/ nice little terrace down the hall. It has a couple of problems: slight odor of sewage wafting onto our terrace most times of the day. Also lots of steps since it's built on a hill, no hand rails so it was sort of scary for me as I've got a bum knee and foot. Also odor of cigarette smoke from rooms down the hall and sporadic wifi connection.

Room Tip: Rooms 2 and 3 have a huge terrace. Rooms 7 & 8 are practically on the beach. All have kitchens.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel on arrival looked nice and modern but looks can be deceiving. The hotel was old and hadn't aged well and was more like a place from the 80's, although the serving staff were great that's all that was. The food was ok not much choice and pritty much the same everyday. On the 5th day someone with a key came into our locked room went through my pile of wash found my jeans and helped them self's to €60 & £40 and the safe key (stupid to of left it I know) and then went into the safe and went through my wallet and my wife's purse taking all the notes and only the notes out putting everything back locking it up replaced the key back into my jeans put back under my dirty pant left locking the door behind them!!!!!! Reported it to the staff and management and to my surprise they did nothing saying that this had never happened before. So all in all a very bad and upsetting experience!!!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tonydawe
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Room was clean but a little dark. No view of the Ocean though. Suite had a full kitchen but no microwave. Coffee pot with no coffee. Didn't even have a hairdryer.
I don't know if I would stay there again.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank margonancy
Reviewed 3 December 2016

We have stayed in Zihuatanejo many times over the last eight years, staying close to Madera Beach, La Ropa and also closer into town and therefore we have a knowledgeable base of experience. Last month, November, we spent for our first time, a lovely eleven days at Arena Suites. It certainly well exceeded our expectations. The staff and in particular Salvador went out of the way to make our stay spectacular. Towels, and their flower petal arrangements on our bed and in the bathroom were truly creative and reminded us of old time Mexico. Proximity to the beach and the street was a big feature and although we are in our sixties and seventies the steps mentioned by some reviews were not an issue for us. From Arena Suites we could easily walk into town and over to La Ropa and of course had immediate access to Madera beach for early morning strolls, afternoon swims and beach refreshments whenever we chose. We are returning there in February and recommend Arena Suites to Zihua visitors looking for a beach facility with all amenities.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple