All reviewsocean sidesmall hotelplaya la ropamini fridgeperfect locationsitting areamaderairmabalconypoolmaidadelitarelaxationpesos
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Well, I wass suppose to stay for 2 weeks bu am checking out after only a week and going to where I stayed last year. Dirty windows, furniture dusty, no microwave, TV does not work, kitchen untensils awful...this place needs a complete overhaul.....in the rooms. There is ONE electrical outlet in the kitchen.....the maid is so stupid she does not even see how dirty the windows are...they were that way when I checked in.....go somewhere else, so many other realy good options. Yhe owner inherited the place and yu can see she has no interest in making it a good iption for guests.....also, I own several apartments in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico and I know how to manage rentals and this is not the way to do it. The staff were nice and accommodating but they saw the situation clearly.....

Room Tip: go somewhere esle
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank StoneRidgeFarm
HotelVillasMiramar, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villas Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hi Jaquie,

Thank you for your review. We want to clearify about the cleaning issues. As you requested, no cleaning service was made because you didn´t want the service every day so the maid didn´t go through.
Although there is one electrical outlet at the kitchen, we provide an extension and other new supplies that you requested for the kitchen to make your stay more confortable.
We are sorry to see you prefered to move. Every day our goal is to make our guests confortable and feel as home. We´ll keep working harder.

Have a nice day.
Norma Castro. Reservations.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 2 weeks off season at this hotel. The staff very accommodating and spoke broken English. The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels and fresh flowers ! If you are looking for full blown comfort that resorts offer , this is NOT for you! We prefer somewhat culture and right on Madera Beach! air conditioned rooms but very hot on off season. We will return, thank you to all the staff!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah L
HotelVillasMiramar, Public Relations Manager at Villas Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you Nicky for your review wich will keep us working hard. We are happy to know you had a good time although it was a very hot season. We expect to see you again in a near future. Best regards. Norma Castro. Reservaciones.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We have been staying at Villas Miramar for several years now and always find it to be a place of tranquility and simple beauty. It is a small hotel which we really like and many of the staff have been there since we first began visiting. We stay on the garden side and the rooms are very spacious and clean. There is a mini-fridge which is nice, All the rooms have a sitting area in addition to a balcony. There is also a great cafe which serves a good breakfast as well as afternoon lunch items and healthy snacks. There is a pool on both the garden and ocean side. Guests are free to use both areas for relaxation. It is for us the best of both worlds. I love the location as one can easily walk over to Playa La Ropa or into El Centro. A new addition this year are the yoga classes offered 3 mornings per week with a very experienced yoga teacher in both english and spanish with the sounds of the ocean as your background music. My husband and I are so grateful to have such a place to return to time and time again.

Room Tip: Upper garden rooms have high ceilings but ocean side offer the sounds of the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sequoiaygi1
HotelVillasMiramar, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villas Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Sequoiaygi1: Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate very much every word which makes us duplicate our efforts to make you and all our guests as happy and comfortable as you deserve. We expect to see you again next year at your second home. Regards. Norma Castro. Reservaciones.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This is the second time I've written my review - not sure what happened to it the first time, but here I go again:

I go back and forth between wanting to give this a 4 star rating and a 3 - wish we could have a 3.5). I'll start with the good bits that led me to review it positively:

The location is fantastic. Right on Adelita, close to lots of yummy eats and the centre of town for shopping and wandering. It's also on my favourite beach: La Madera. Not only that, but this is the only hotel that has palapas (a "Beach club" if you will). It was wonderful to lay around in the sun, pop into the water for a swim, and yet be moments from your hotel room. No long flights of stairs to deal with. Pools on either side of the hotel - ours was small but very clean. It's got full sun exposure all day, which may be a plus or minus for some.

The room was adequate and maid service prompt. Daily towel art was amazing and maids quite friendly. It was nice to have a restaurant (we didn't use it), and bar onsite. Prices were pretty high (All day "Happy Hour" is a ripoff - you pay, I believe it was $130 pesos for 2 drinks not exactly the 2 for 1 they are saying it is). .....there is poolside and beachside drink service, which is nice, and convenient enough to bill your drinks to the room. The grounds are clean and pretty and easy to navigate. We were on the ocean side and really only crossed the road to go to the front desk, though from what I could see the garden side was nice and clean.

We had no safe in the room, which was initially a downer, but they do have a safety deposit box at the front desk, and it was surprisingly convenient. You are given your own key, and can take out your belongings with ease and privacy at any time.

Wifi is available in public areas, at no cost.

Fridge in room is a huge plus - many hotels, especially those on La Ropa, don't seem to offer this perk.

Staff is not overly friendly, but polite and helpful as needed.

Beach towels are nice and available freely from the front desk. No annoying towel card is required.

Some issues that made it not quite perfect are as follows:

One biggie was the lack of the PROMISED coffee pot. I asked, on tripadvisor, about having one in our room, as hubby is a very early riser and likes his coffee right away. I was assured that one would be in our room upon arrival. Not only was there no coffee pot in the room, but when I asked about it at the desk (which I did several times), I was told one wasn't available at the moment, then when I asked another person they actually laughed and said, "No, no, we don't have coffee pots!" We ended up borrowing one from friends who had a suite, so we managed, but I don't appreciate having been lied to. We met another guest who had the exact same coffee pot story.

What REALLY bothered my husband was their security policy with regard to locked gates. At night, they lock their guests INTO the hotel. He woke at 6 and wanted to go looking for his coffee and was unable to get out, due to the locked gates on either end of the grounds. Even rattling the gate did not bring the security guard who's supposedly hanging around. It made me uncomfortable to know that, in case of emergency, I'd not be able to leave my hotel.

Rooms are very basic - no hair dryer, crappy balcony with two weird chairs. When you sit on the chairs, your view becomes that of the cement wall of the balcony, and you can't see the ocean at all.

If I return to the area, I will stay at the Miramar again. While it's not perfect, I do love the area and the beach club alone makes it the preferred place for me personally (more so, say, than the Irma up the hill - Irma is wildly popular, and we toured the grounds and saw a room. It's definitely nicer by far than the Mirimar, but I'd rather pay less for the Mirimar and enjoy that beachfront than pay more to be up the hill at Irma. It's a personal thing).

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view rooms - and if you want to spend a bit more, book the ocean view suite that sits in its own building.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank berniece2000
HotelVillasMiramar, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Villas Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Berniece: we appreciate your detailed review very much. I am glad you enjoyed the location and facilities of the Hotel and all the good impressions you had in and around it. On the other hand, I would like to clarify some issues you had and made your experience not as good as it should have. Hopefully in your next visit you wont have them and I´m sure your stay will be a great one.
About the coffee pot, we used to have several of them in the past months but unfortunately almost all of them were broken, missed or damage easily so the only types of rooms were we left them was on the Jr. Suites. Although we still have a couple of them but they are located in rooms that were requested previosly too. In this case, it´s true there were none of them available during your stay but this request never got through the manager desk, other way we would definitely buy a new one and put it in your room such as we promised. If we said we would give one for you we must do it. I am sorry it didn´t happen and don´t want to make you feel we´re lying. It was an unfortante problem of comunication at the front desk and wont let it happen again next time you come.
About the gates, they are close from 11pm to 7am for security reasons but the night guard is around the garden and ocean side during all night. In case an emergency or a need to go out, all our ocean rooms have a telephone so you can dial 0 at the front desk and he can open the door immediately and don´t keep you waiting. But it´s always good to know this comments so we can improve our comunication and services.
We hope to see you again next year and make a 5 star rate experience. Thank you. Norma Castro. Reservaciones.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it seems to be just right for my budget and the comfort I was expecting. And it delivered! The hotel is in 2 parts, split by a small road (not busy), one part has access to the beach and pool / lounge area. The other part has another swimming pool with the breakfast/bar area and the rooms one 2 floors. This is a pretty small hotel which I found really nice as you get to know the staff. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are large with an outside patio with view of the pool. Mini bar type fridge a/c and ceiling fan help you stay cool.
I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Robin H
HotelVillasMiramar, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villas Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Hi Robin. Thank you very much for taking the time in writing this review. We appreciate your comments and we expect to see you again next year. Thank you. Norma Castro. Reservaciones.