“May be overrated”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We had heard good things of this restaurant and had heard the nice music many times as we went by, so recently gave it a try. I must admit, I did like the variety of their sauces that were served, however there was little or no explanation what they were. THe place has a reather low light atmosphere, and a busy menu. The drink menu was better than usual, but other than being strong, the drinks were rather medium. The service was varied as some staff were really trying to please while others were on the slow side.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

this is virtually a must do for travelers to zihua..patti gives such wonderful "schools" the morning that includes visiting the market is especially wonderful..plus you get excellent print outs of recipes and a touch more

2  Thank richup
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Our favorite part of the class was the market tour. Monica took us on a 90 minute walk to and through the market. It was great because we went back the next day to pick out seafood, fruit and veggies for our own cooking. This felt very comfortable.
We did not get to select the class as we called less than two weeks in advance. It was pretty basic and not as hands on as I have experienced in the past. Made tortillas which is disappointing as they are cheap and locals don't make them themselves.
Loved Monica, but next time I plan to call farther in advance so I can pick the meal.

2  Thank Travelingtw0s0me
Reviewed 12 March 2016

My sister and I took Monica's cooking class after emailing her when we got to Zihuatanejo. Luckily we got a space in the following week. There were 16 in the class and we made red and green salsas, chiliquiles, enchiladas and tortilla soup. Fantastic. Also there was agua de Jamaica (hibiscus water) to drink...absolutely delicious. Monica was a great teacher and shared some of her abuela's secrets ;) Her outdoor kitchen is homey and after we chopped and stirred and ate our results. A lovely morning, all in all.

2  Thank Brenda A
Reviewed 26 February 2016

My husband and I took the fish cooking class on Feb. 22 which included a trip to the market to purchase the fish. Monica is a really great teacher and host! As we walked from her house to the farmer's market, she stopped along the way at several shops and and other points of interest, to educate us about various Mexican restaurants, foods, ingredients, etc. She has a wealth of knowledge to share. When we returned to her house, the 12 participants helped to prepare the 3 dishes we made which included: fish tacos made with fresh swordfish, ceviche, and tiritas, made with fresh tuna. It was all very delicious. Monica even provided each participant/couple with a nice little recipe book to take along so that we can make these dishes upon our return home. This was a wonderful experience which we will definitely repeat when we return to this area. Already looking forward to learning how to make more recipes with Monica!

2  Thank BWpeg