All reviews piece of paradise beachfront restaurant close to the airport perfect escape virgin beach infinity plunge pool a short taxi ride the penthouse octopus private beach mares alma units marie sergio odor disconnected
Reviewed 13 December 2017

The moment we stepped foot out of our Taxi we felt like we were at home. Check in was effortless, easy and relaxing, especially with chilled towels to wash off our flight. We rented a ground level 3 bed, 3 bath unit. The size of the unit was much larger than we expected. I don't think I have ever mentioned a bathroom on a review but this time I have to. The bathrooms in this unit were absolutely stunning. I'm disappointed with myself for not taking pictures of them.

The staff at Marea really make you feel special. One morning I was on the patio and the gardener was across the complex and was trying to get my attention. I thought he was trying to contact another staff member. When I walked out to the end of the patio he pointed at me then spread his arms out wide then pointed to the ocean. YES! there was a whale breaching.

We were also very impressed with the quality of the food (octopus sopes very scrumptious) and of course the beach cocktails. My favorite was the cucumber margarita. I think I had one or maybe two or three per day, who's counting.

Marea is located on the best beach in Zihua in my opinion. We just loved the modern architectural design with really cool rustic details. But what really pulls this place together is the STAFF!

Thank you Marea for an awesome vacation!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChicagoStolarski
JMM15, Manager at Marea Beachfront Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dione,
I think the best part of Marea is feeling like you are at your home while on vacation. I'm glad we where able to create this for you and Lenny. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay at Marea! It is absolutely beautiful! And the people are even better, they treated us like family! Our villa was so spacious and gorgeous. We had the best week. We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jared M
JMM15, Manager at Marea Beachfront Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Jared,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We like to believe that guest come for the beach but return because of our staff. Looking forward to seeing you and your family next beach getaway.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Marea is amazing! The location, the friendly staff, the amazing property. This was the most perfect beach vacation I have had. We have stayed at other hotels in Zihuatanejo but this was the most spectacular experience. I recommend it for families, couples, and groups of friends. I will definitely will be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren N

Lauren,

With 10 miles of pristine beach the location is perfect. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We were invited to a destination wedding and never have been to Mexico. What a beautiful, breath-taking place!! The views are amazing from the villa and main pool. The sound of the ocean as we slept and woke up to was so soothing. Every villa had views of the most beautiful sunsets. We visited for five days and were able to decompress in just a day. The villa was perfect! It had a full kitchen with three spacious bedrooms and three bathrooms and a private spa/pool. Alondra, Jesus, Andres, Jason and the rest of the staff were superb; kind, friendly and made sure you were the most important. The food was 5 stars!! We were able to sit by the pool and order food and drinks while the kids played. The town is just a 5 minute cab ride away with so much to do. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room to choose from. All the villas have the best views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
JMM15, Manager at Marea Beachfront Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Jarred, I couldn't agree more that while the villas, ocean and food are amazing the truly special thing are the people. I'm glad we where able to do such a great job and I know we'll be seeing you and your family soon. Thank you for the wonderful review.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We booked for our daughter's beach front wedding and ended up purchasing a villa. We are the people who would never buy a vacation property, we have been all over the world in rented condos and houses and have enjoyed the lack of responsibility and convenience but by day three of sitting in the pool on the deck of our condo, our resolve had ended and we approached the crew about buying.

There is just nothing like it. Beach front, every room has a fantastic view, the people are WONDERFUL, the food was great, you are close to Zihuat and Ixtapa, only five minutes from the airport. Taxi service to town was simple. Everyone spoke English and put up with my attempted Spanish.

Know before you go: You are alone on the beach, there is one other resort 1000 yards away so if you want to try different restaurants beyond the one at the resort or the neighboring resort you need to take a cab...but that is super easy and inexpensive. Our room did not have cable tv but we successfully logged into Netflix with their excellent wifi and then never turned the tv on again. Our unit did not have music so if that is important to you, bring a Bluetooth speaker. Lastly, they are completing construction 11/2017, on three of the buildings so there is some construction noise. They should be done in December I believe.

It is absolutely spectacular, every night's sunset was better than the day before.

Room Tip: All rooms have views that lower your blood pressure
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Baggiolini

Eric & Terry,
We are so happy to know that you and everyone from the wedding party had such a great time. It was a special time for all of us. Can't wait to see both of you in January! Yes you are correct the construction will be done Dec 2017. Thank you for the wonderful review.