“Perfect little restaurant”

Redwitch Cafe-Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in San Blas
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: Enjoy Family, Alone Or With Your Partner In An Atmosphere Rustic And Relaxed A Rich Fusion Of Flavors That Will Please Even The Palate More Demanding
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The couple who run Redwitch are fantastic! The food is as well. Open Friday-Sunday, I recommend making reservations in advance.

Edma G, Propietario at Redwitch Cafe-Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thanks for trying our food!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Our family lives in Nayarit and we try to do quick getaways up to Matanchen Bay once or twice a year. Somehow, we've never made it in to San Blas before now though. We happened across Red Witch while aimlessly driving around looking for dinner for 3 starving children and we could not be happier that we did. Rodrigo's place is really cute and the food and service are outstanding. He was extremely patient with our grumpy kids and our neurotic dog and even more patient with our Spanish (which was unnecessary as his English was flawless). Although he offered to get us any beer/wine/refresco we wanted, we opted to try the house iced tea which was delicious and refreshing (I think we each had 3 glasses).

Our group shared a pizza and the enmoladas (like mole chicken enchiladas). The pizza is different - more of a cornmeal crust than what you expect, but he explained this to us before we ordered and we absolutely loved it! Very satisfying comfort food. The enmoladas were delicious as well--having tried many different moles, my favorites strike a good balance between sweet (not too much chocolate please) and spicy (lightly picante) and Ro's recipe (which he told us is his grandmother's) hits the nail on the head. Sadly, they will be closing for the summer, but reopening in October, so if you are in San Blas, definitely stop by Red Witch for a memorable meal with un buen hombre muy amigable.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

A lovely young Mexican couple , Rodrigo and Edma served an organic green salad with a subtle balsamic vinaigrette and a touch of organic strawberries. The second course was chicken with a rich lightly picante mole sauce . The caramel flan was a perfect finish.
The portions are generous , and the service is graciously attentive in a relaxing patio setting. Guests can bring their own wine that can be purchased at the nearby supermarket.
A lovely authentic Mexican dinner!

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We were traveling around Mexico for several weeks and stayed in San Blas for 3 nights. We had dinner here based on TA reviews and were glad we did. It's a small restaurant located on a quiet side street. I think they're only opened Friday- Sunday. I had the coconut shrimp and hubby had empanadas. They were both wonderful and presentation was photo- worthy ( if you're into that). Dinner included drink anf and dessert and was very reasonably priced considering the quality of the food. The owners sre very warm and truly care about their customers and are very proud of their restaurant. One of the best meals of our 6 week .travels in Mexico. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Without question the best place to eat in San Blas or just the best place period. My dinner was perfect! Surpassing all my expectations as a rather picky vegan - I have many dietary restrictions and they listened to each one of them and created a dish especially for me on the spot. It was exactly what I could picture "in a perfect world". The salad was really fresh and with perfect amount of dressing The mushroom stuffed peppers I could eat every day. On top everything the service is the best I have encountered in Mexico so far - super nice personable and bending backwards and forwards to met my every wish. The only thing I would change was to discover this place earlier and not on my last night in San blas. Last but not least it's an incredibly good value. I will only eat there when in San blas. HIGHLY recommended