“Real Mexican food”

Una Familia
Ranked #64 of 1,181 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Two restaurants, one at 173 Libertad and another on the Malecon across from the lighthouse, both specializing in seafood in tasty sauces and innovative Mexican food from all over Mexico. There is also a loncheria on Libertad. Reasonable prices in comfortable and intimate settings.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We used to go to this restaurant when it was Viejo Vallarta. It has changed hands and we decided to check it out. It is still very good. We like it because it's on the 3rd floor overlooking the Malecon and the ocean and you can catch a breeze. The new owners were very welcoming. Even though it wasn't busy, it did take awhile to get our orders taken and get our drinks. The good thing was, was that once I got my Margarita, the waiter came with the bottle of Tequila and asked if I wanted a topper. Well, yes, of course! It was good to start with and even better after! I had a chile rellano and it was one of the best I've ever had. The rice and beans were delicious. My husband has fresh fish and it was very good. Give them a try!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The best guacamole I ever had is from this place. The service is excellent. Although we did not speak Spanish, the staff tried their best to understand what we wanted to eat. They even accommodated my husband's craving for fish and they made it they way he wanted. Overall it is a nice and inexpensive place to eat.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Edwin and team literally catered to us like we were celebrities! It is so nice to tell the staff what you have a taste for and they order it, add flavor and deliver with a smile in just a short time! Speechless! Best meal in Puerto Vallerta. Thank you for taking service to the next level

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were looking for authentic Mexican food and we found it. Thank you Edwin from Guatemala for the excellent Mango Margarita.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We met a family member of the owner at our resort so thought we would stop by. He wasn't there but there was a great server who grew up in AZ so he was extremely helpful with places to go, what to see, etc. Food was great --but we only had a snack! Really appreciated the service!

1  Thank Mom2110