All reviews wedding week planning process wedding coordinator our closest friends and family planning a destination wedding wedding suite taco platter best week of our lives dream wedding mother of the bride pesto chicken wedding spot beautiful wedding actual wedding guests names the entire staff hair and makeup
Reviewed 9 January 2017

My sister in law was married here this past November and the experience was unbeatable. The owners and staff are kind, attentive, hospitable and create a vacation experience that rivals or exceeds even the largest resorts. The size of the property allows it to be fully occupied by only wedding attendees, further adding to the inclusive experience. The property is a short drive to the boardwalk and main tourist attractions , but a majority of our group found themselves completely content to never leave. Playa Fiesta provided a vacation that all future trips will definitely be measured against.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Caitlin R
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I was lucky enough to be married at Playa Fiesta in 2009, and I’ve been back to visit at least once per year since my wedding week. I had the routine down; drop my bags at the front desk, pull up a seat at the bar overlooking the ocean, take a dip in the pool, chat with my boys Charly and Pato, repeat…Those were the old days. My wife and I now travel with our two-year-old daughter, which can make vacations and relaxing a bit more complicated. Parents everywhere can empathize, so I’m writing this review based on our recent stay at Playa Fiesta with a toddler in tow. Without further ado, here are the reasons why Playa Fiesta is the BEST place to stay with babies and kids.

1. Size Matters. Playa Fiesta is intimate. We brought our baby monitor so that we could put our daughter to sleep for a nap and down for bed in the evenings without having to stay in the room with her, staring at the ceiling and trying not to make any noise. Instead, we were able to hang out with our friends in the dining area, at the bar, in the pool, wherever…. Since the hotel is small, we were always nearby, we could watch her on the monitor, and we were still able to have fun while she got her rest.
2. Family. Everyone at Playa Fiesta loves children, and it shows. My daughter started asking for Pato immediately after waking up in the morning. It could be the cup of ice-cream that he brought her every day or that he filled her milk-cup every night (yes, we have dairy issues and yes, we’re working on it), or it could be that he was just so genuinely loving and friendly. Whatever it was, she misses him and so do we. The fact is that the staff at Playa Fiesta show an amazing affection for children, which makes us parents feel pretty good, too.
3. Pools! There are two pools and a hot tub, and the most child-friendly feature is a huge baja shelf. If you’re not familiar, this is ledge about 1’ deep, and it’s the perfect spot for little ones to run around and play with their toys.
4. Mickey Mouse Pancakes for breakfast. In Mexico. It’s a win/win.

There are so many reasons why Playa Fiesta is our favorite place for a family vacation, and you are welcome to send me any questions via TA. I’d like to give a huge shout-out to everyone that made our stay so special; Gabi, Chima, Juan, Charly, Carlos Laredo, Pato, Juliana, the wonderful maids (I’m sure I’m forgetting someone), and of course, the fabulous owners, Adam and Lindsay B.

Date of stay: December 2016
4  Thank KingdomTiger
Reviewed 3 January 2017

My husband I got married at Playa Fiesta back in 2013 and decided to return with our three month old son over the Christmas holiday. I was apprehensive that the magic of Playa Fiesta would have faded since our wedding week, but we were happy to find that it is just as amazing as we had remembered. The intimate atmosphere and the amazing staff really make you feel like you are at your home away from home surrounded by family and friends. The hotel hosted a delicious Christmas Eve dinner and even brought in Christmas themed piñatas for the younger guests. They really go above and beyond and it is unlike any other resort we have ever stayed at. We are already talking about when we can go back... I miss this place already!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Adrienne E
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Everyone at Playa Fiesta is extremely friendly and accommodating! Good food and a wonderful intimate environment. I would say the shining star of the hotel is the wonderful staff - Gabi especially is great and very helpful!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Can't believe I am just now writing this!! My husband and I stayed at Playa Fiesta for my best friends wedding. Everything about it was amazing!!! Every guest at the hotel was there for the wedding. I loved getting to know the guest and family the days leading up to the wedding! The food was unreal!! I am still craving the tortilla soup!
Everyone there was so nice and made sure that we were all taken care of! Best hotel ever!!!!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank flashyjess