“Believe the rave reviews”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had to cancel our planned hotel last minute and had very little time to research. I went to Trip Advisors and booked the top rated hotel, Playa Fiesta. I admittedly was nervous as it seemed almost too good to be true but booked it anyway. I'm sitting here on my last day writing this review so it's fresh. The location is stunning. Set off on the coast among crashing surf the hotel feels like an oasis from the busy downtown districts. My partner and I had a beautiful ocean view on the third floor. The waves literally crashing below. The bed was comfortable and the room huge. From our balcony I saw porpoises and a humpback whale. The food is simply wonderful and better than I had expected. There grounds are immaculate well thought out. The biggest asset however are the people that work here. From Pato to Charlie everyone made us feel so welcome and at ease. This property is very popular with weddings, for good reason. We thankfully were in between. We will definitely come back....often.

Room Tip: Don't think there's a bad room here.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank seattlediveguy
There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Fiesta

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I read all of the reviews over and over again thinking this is it! This is where I want to be married and everyone loves it! But… can this place truly exist?!?! We arrived at Playa Fiesta on Christmas Day, 2011 and I can tell you, Playa Fiesta truly does exist and all of the reviews are spot on!! Playa Fiesta is the most incredible place that I have ever been to & they fulfilled every dream I could have ever had for what my wedding day (and week) would be like!! They were so wonderful to work with & Lindsay truly is THE SWEETEST PERSON EVER!!! The staff is incredible and handles everything to such perfection that you just sink into relaxation throughout the entire week! I can still hear the sound of the waves washing over the rocks and then pulling them back down to sea – absolute paradise!

Everything, including the planning, was so relaxing and incredibly enjoyable! This is definitely the way to go if you want to have the best wedding ever & all of our guests have called our wedding just that – the best wedding ever!!! We feel so fortunate to have discovered Playa Fiesta & their incredible staff, food (the food is also the best ever!!), & destination! We can’t wait to go back & everyone from our group feels the same way! Another comment that I have received from our guests, even the ones that came without knowing each other, is that they all feel like family now! Everyone keeps saying that they can’t wait for the whole group to get together again a.s.a.p.! This is such a satisfying and extraordinary feeling because this is exactly what Glenn & I wanted for our wedding. We wanted all of the people who are going to be our support systems & life-long friends and family to be close and Playa Fiesta has a way of encouraging such friendships & life-long bonds! The intimacy & closeness were honestly the most important aspects that we wanted for our wedding & Playa Fiesta took our dreams to the next level & we can’t thank them enough!!!!

P.s. The reviews are so correct when they tell you that your group will never want to leave Playa Fiesta! We planned a group outing into town but everyone loved Playa Fiesta so much that no one wanted to leave so we cancelled our dinner reservations in town! Haha. We did have several people go into town for shopping and they had a great time! We went into town one night for dinner before the rest of our guests arrived and were amazed by how safe & beautiful everything was (we have been to Los Cabos several times before & were blown away by how much cleaner and safer Puerto Vallarta feels). I think that it was Adam who said that Puerto Vallarta was once named as “La ciudad más amigable del mundo” (the friendliest city in the world) & it is easy to see why they earned such a status! Puerto Vallarta & Playa Fiesta are beyond incredible and we can’t wait to go again as soon as possible!! We are so happy that we found Playa Fiesta & are forever grateful to Lindsay & Adam for creating such a paradise & for making our wedding such a magical & unforgettable dream come-true!! Again, BEST WEDDING EVER!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank April G
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Overview: I am a wedding and event planner from Chicago, Illinois who recently had my wedding at Playa Fiesta. My wife and I decided to bring our nearly 40 guests to Puerto Vallarta and after some quick Google searching, I found Playa Fiesta and knew immediately that it was perfect for our ceremony and reception. There are truly no words to describe how perfect our time there was, not only for us, but for every single family member as well. Being as picky and particular as I have come to be through my wedding planning, I kept trying to tell myself that I had to be prepared for some things to be different than my normal standards (especially being in a different country). I had never been to Playa Fiesta before booking it for our wedding which was another semi-worry. I was not able to find one single thing that wasn’t up to my very high standards – literally not one thing I could possibly complain about. I have no idea how the owners and staff maintain such a magical place but whatever they are doing…it works.

Location: Playa Fiesta is a semi-hidden gem in Puerto Vallarta. It is about 20 minutes from the airport and it is a nice mix of American expected amenities, stores, etc. while still giving that authentic Mexican experience. The hotel gives perfect directions from the airport and can help arrange special transportation if you need it. (Brides- think dresses, bags of décor, welcome bags, etc.). There is also a Costco, Walmart, etc. nearby which is really helpful. There are many delicious restaurants in town and the neighborhood clubs are so beautiful and fun! It is very easy and affordable to get a taxi wherever you need to go or you can take the bus. Do not feel overly concerned about safety. The news does not accurately portray what is going on in Mexico and makes it seem far worse than it really is. We were completely safe and other than normal travel precautions (ie: locking up your passport, keeping track of purses and IDs, not traveling alone, etc.) we were totally comfortable in the area.

Beaches: Playa Fiesta overlooks a rocky beach. It is beautiful and fun to walk on and explore but bring aqua socks or shoes that you don’t mind getting wet. You can take the bus to other sandy beaches if you want to swim in the ocean rather than the pools at the hotel.

Accommodations: Every single room is designed with such a keen eye for detail and perfection. Every tile, every bench, every piece of art is carefully selected and placed. Romantic ambient lighting uplights many of the beds and the furnishings are fit for royalty. Even the standard rooms are perfectly cleaned, maintained and far more luxurious than any hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The honeymoon suite has a full kitchen and dining area and the two other suites on the top floor also have full kitchen and dining areas. Most rooms are ocean views and many have exquisite balconies. In fact, we saw dolphins and whales from our balconies during our stay. We chose to select the rooms for our guests before we arrived at the hotel and we switched only one room to a room with a slightly larger bathroom. It was so fun to see every room in the hotel because they all had their own beauty and charm. I was also concerned about the privacy of some of the suites, being a family vacation for some and a romantic vacation for others. Rest assured, the rooms are soundproof – especially with the sound of the waves crashing up on shore coming in through the windows and balcony doors should you choose to keep them open.

Other Hotel Perks: The pools are beautiful and the staff allows you to change the temperatures if you so desire. You can plug in your iPod music at the pool for custom playlists (though their music is also great and they have all types of playlists that you can choose from). You can use their wi-fi at the pool so many of our guests were able to Skype – in fact, I was able to Skype my pregnant sister into the wedding ceremony since she was too pregnant to fly in for the wedding! The restaurant is great (I will cover this more under the food section). Perhaps the best perk was the new friend we found in the hotel’s watchdog – Jefe (the boss). He was so cute and so friendly – he was like our mascot for the week.

Food: The food was superb. The breakfast buffet offered many authentic options as well as some traditional favorites for the less adventurous eaters (French toast, bacon, pancakes, etc.). The breakfast offerings were heavy enough that few people felt the need to eat lunch and if they did, it was more of a light lunch or snack. We opted for the food and entertainment pack #3, so we had breakfasts each morning, the brunch following the wedding day and two dinners besides the wedding meal. We also added in a guacamole bar and taco platters on one of the days (you also get chips and guac when you arrive). The guacamole and salsa are delicious. The taco platter was also excellent and offers food for easily 4-5 people. You definitely have to get this at least once while you are there. Our first night there we had a welcome dinner and served chicken, fish, pasta, salad, etc. It was all delicious. The second night we had the fiesta meal with Mexican style steak, chicken, bell peppers, rice, etc. I loved this dinner because it was so flavorful and offered such a nice sampling of Mexican seasonings. For the wedding day, we served our wedding party a custom snack style menu with some mini Panini sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit salad, caprese salad, etc. The pasta salad is literally the best pasta salad I’ve had in my life—so good that I came home and tried to re-create it. Our guests had a lunch buffet that day—I heard from our guests that it was delicious too – some comments were that the potato salad was amazing and the tartar sauce for the fish was the best ever. It just praises the fact that the chefs relish in the fine details – nothing is ever sub-par or without carefully balanced flavors. The meal we had for the wedding was my absolute favorite – we had a somewhat custom menu. We had sea bass with mango sauce and beef with red wine sauce. Many of my family members do not eat fish but ended up liking the fish more than the beef (this is of course not to say that the beef wasn’t excellent too). We also had late night snacks – taquitos (chorizo, beef and chicken) and quesadillas and of course more of the awesome guac and salsa with chips.

Beverages: We opted for the national open bar for the guest packages and for the wedding night. All of the drinks were great. A few favorites compliments of bartender Charlie include: The Miami Vice, Mango Loco, Easy Go Down, Dirty Monkey, and god, the bloody marys are so so so delicious. We also had the mojito bar during the rehearsal dinner, which were delicious. We had sangria on the night of the wedding served before the ceremony. It was also very refreshing and delicious. Charlie, Pato, Danny, and all of the other servers will know your drinks after you order them the first or second time. They will also know your name and all of your guests’ names. There will never be a dry glass in the house! I will talk more about the service below.

Service: I felt so truly pampered during my time at Playa. From the minute we arrived, we were greeted, treated like VIPs, escorted to our rooms, etc. The service in the restaurant was perfect, the service at the bar was perfect. All of the servers are polite, attentive, fun, and treat you like a member of their family. The front desk staff is very helpful— they grab you cabs when needed, make recommendations for bars, clubs, sites, activities, etc. The owners are lovely people – I will talk more about that in the “planning process” section. The service is stellar; you’ll never be without anything you need.

Activities: We went with the slideshow for the first night which was a great way to welcome our guests. Lindsay (one of the owners and head planner extraordinaire) went above and beyond to help get my slideshow to play when I was not able to get it to burn properly onto a DVD. We had the salsa dancing lessons during our rehearsal dinner which was also a blast. The instructor does a great job of helping even the beginners get a feel for basic steps and rhythms. Our guests had such a great time with this! We also had the Texas Hold’em tournament during one of the days by the pool – Adam, the other owner, is the Texas Hold’em guru and our guests really enjoyed this additional activity! There are many other fun activities that the hotel can recommend for you nearby – zip lining, whale watching, snorkeling, scuba, swimming with dolphins. We sent some of our newlywed friends on a tour of a tequila factory/hacienda and they really enjoyed it as well. We also loved the massages! What a great job they did!

Vendors: All of the hotels vendors are top notch. We used Michelle Turner Photography and were so thrilled with the outcome. The DJ was great and took our requests into account and kept everyone on the dance floor throughout the night. The florist did incredible work and was very affordable. Our minister was also really great—a nice blend of religious/spiritual/funny/engaging. The dance floor build out is totally worth it! We didn’t use the hair and makeup because we had our friend come along who did our hair and I am also a former makeup artist so we had that covered. The other vendor that was really amazing was the cake vendor. We loved the cake tasting and there were so many great options to choose from. The frosting is so good and the fillings are delicious too. We went with a coconut cake with pineapples and lemon filling for the first layer and the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for the second layer. It was the best, most moist wedding cake I’ve ever had.

Planning Process: Lindsay does a great job of helping you stay on track through the process making it stress free. By the time I got to Playa, I felt like Lindsay was my lifelong friend. She has a solution to every problem, gives truthful advice and helps in any way she can during the planning and during your time there. We got there two days before our guests and the second day was our meetings with the vendors. We handed over all of the décor (and believe me, I brought a lot!) and Lindsay and Annie took care of it from there. They even distributed all of the gift bags (again, I had a lot of stuff for our guests so it was really nice that they did this for us). They take the time to get your vision and preferences down pat and then implement it all on your behalf. I’m usually a terrible wedding guest because I’m always thinking about the back of the house stuff (since the event planner in me can’t help it). But I was fully able to trust them and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. Instead I got to spend all of that time enjoying my family and friends and my wedding night! Lindsay was also there to keep the night running smoothly and keep any unplanned activities from occurring which was very important to us (ie: not too many long speeches, made sure all vegetarians/vegans got their meals, etc.)

The Big Day: I’ve been to so many weddings where the bridal party is stressed and chaotic. We did not experience this. We all had a very relaxing morning getting ready, enjoyed our lunch in the honeymoon suite and enjoyed mimosas before the ceremony. We got married as the sun was setting and then had a fantastic cocktail hour, dinner and cake cutting. The entire place was transformed into an elegant beach wedding, complete with twinkling lights, candles, flowers, etc. They thought of everything right down to hiding us before the ceremony—they have parasols to keep you shielded from guests as you walk to the front for photos. We danced the night away, celebrated with sparklers, and topped the night off by jumping into the pool in our wedding gowns. Then the night turned into a pool party with snacks and drinks galore. It was the best party of my life.

The whole experience was nothing short of sheer magic for us and our family and friends. There were so many special memories that we will never forget – all of which were done while enjoying the breathtaking surroundings of Playa Fiesta and Puerto Vallarta. Perhaps the most touching moment was walking into the honeymoon suite on the night of the wedding to find a path of carefully laid candles and details creating a memory of the whole week for us. Many of our guests who had not met before the trip are now lifelong friends bound by one special week celebrating our love for each other. Playa Fiesta will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Our friend and family continue to rave about our wedding weeks later and we’re all planning a return trip next year. We’ve decided it might be an annual thing for us, since nothing could possibly top the experience. I told Lindsay on my last day there that I usually feel ready to go home when I’m at the end of a vacation. The funny thing was—at Playa, I felt like I was home. I could have stayed forever. I truly can’t imagine a better day, a better memory, a better trip, a better way to start my life with my wife. I am truly grateful to Lindsay, Adam, and all of the Playa Fiesta staff for creating memories and making dreams come true.

Room Tip: Every room is amazing. My favorites include all of the 4th floor rooms and room 306. Also note tha...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank anneelizabethschmitz
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This place has been transformed to a 1st class Hotel in a just a few years.
We originally owned timeshares that Adam purchased back from us several years ago. We have visited and watched as the Hotel was transformed to a 5 star destination location.
You wont be disapointed with your stay at "Playa Fiesta"

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank buenoWayno
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Everything about our experience at this hotel was perfect, nothing and repeat nothing is overlooked. The service, the staff, the beauty of this hotel is top-notch.

My wife and I got married at Playa this past January, we had 60 plus guests, and most stayed at Playa Fiesta with us for the duration of the weekend. Each and every guest felt pampered and well taken care of. We had guests who ranged in age and travel experience and everyone was completely impressed.

Rooms: Each and every room is beautifully appointed, all perfectly designed and very clean!

Service: This is what makes the hotel stand out, from the minute you arrive the staff is incredibly warm and friendly. Melissa, Manuel, Annie, Charlie, Danny, Pato, and Carlos do a phenomenal job.

Food: Being from San Francisco I can be a little picky when it comes to food, however I was blown away by the food. Everything on the menu is well thought out and executed perfectly. The kitchen staff does a wonderful job whether it is a made to order breakfast or a wedding night buffet.

Drinks: Charlie (the bartender) will make you anything you want! Our guests are still trying to replicate certain drinks Charlie introduced us to.

Wedding: Beyond any and all expectations, it was a perfect night. If anything went wrong I knew nothing about it! We have so many friends and family members who told us (and continue to tell us) this was truly the best wedding ever. You can't beat the location, staff, ambiance, food and price.

Last but not least, if you are lucky enough to plan an event at Playa you will get to work with Adam and Lindsay. Both Adam and Lindsay are very easy to work with, making anything you want for your event seen simple and seamless (even when it's not). Lindsay is incredible! Always a step ahead, warm, energetic, and invested in your event. I can not thank her enough for the time and effort she put into our wedding. I feel so very lucky to have found Playa, we will continue to go back year after year.

I can not speak highly enough of this hotel and the staff that runs it. Just know that if you choose to plan an event or stay here you will not regret it, in fact you will never want to go elsewhere!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends