“Good, tourist-friendly golf course”

Vista Vallarta Club de Golf
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Played this course on 5 and 7 MARCH 2017.
It is pricey at $209 for prime time but a twilight (after 1:30) rate of $155 makes it close to reasonable.
There were very few people playing on either day. I played the first day in less than 3 hours, often hitting a couple of balls. On the second day it took a bit more than 3 hours because I played through a twosome and a threesome.
It is about 20 minutes by taxi from the hotels in the Marina area. The drive takes you through some local residential areas and past what appears to be a landfill. Getting a taxi back to the hotel was easy and was arranged by the staff who also cleaned my clubs and brought them around to the bag drop area.
Staff were helpful and efficient in the pro-shop, at the starter area and also the beverage lady.
Range was excellent – wide, long, large grass tee, lots of balls. Also an excellent putting green and a very good area for practicing bunker and short game shots.
The course was in good condition. Greens were reasonably fast, rough was not punitive (unless you hit it in the jungle). The course is good; wide fairways (that I somehow managed to miss frequently); big greens that had a lot of slope; good bunkers but they need more sand.

1  Thank Kanataguy
"nice track"
"practice facility"
"a minute cab ride"

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I made my reservation online to play. Drove there myself not knowing how long it would take me. I happened to get there about 50-60 minutes before my assigned tee time. There was nobody scheduled to play in the time before I was to tee off. In fact for both the Nicklaus and Weiskopf courses together they only had 53 players that day. The golf shop staff would not let me just go play...I had to wait...why?...wait for what? Who? Letting me go ahead would have done a lot for public relations and probable repeat play, but not now for me. When a course needs players you don't need to be rigid. This course itself was in fairly good condition and a challenge with hidden arroyos across some of the fairways one Nicklaus course, which I think is probably the more difficult if the two. I am a 10 handicapper and shot an 85 with 3 penalty shots due to not knowing what trouble was over the tree or around the corner. Hope they treat you better.

1  Thank catlady471
Reviewed 11 March 2017

We were staying at Now Amber for 12 days. Had already played Marina Vallarta and really enjoyed that day.
At last minute we decided to slip over to the Vista Vallarta and try the Jack Nicklaus track. So glad we did!
Was absolutely stunning. Very fair course but also challenging. in really good shape when we were there (first week March)
Service was fantastic- manager was even out on a cart of his own helping the cart girl keep up. He delivered us lunch and a beer himself!
Taxi ride was fair and only about 25 mins from hotel.
We were welcome to use the excellent practice facility before our round n/c, the starter kept track of everyone and pace was good.
We would definitely recommend and would definitely return..

1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 19 February 2017

This golf course is amazing! What a beautiful place and very quite. We had a great experience with our gusset who had never been to Puerto Vallarta but are advent golfers including my husband. I have never golf a full 18 holes and found this course not to be to hard for beginners. The staff is very attentive and friendly. We will be going back for sure on our next visit.