2,193 results
All reviewsmexican familieswater polorooms were very cleanactivities staffpool sidebeach accesshamburgerbuffet restaurantswim up barnightly entertainmenttacosgreat vacationspecial thanksclaudiopoolsmexicoocean
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Just back from trip to Vallarta. We were staying in Plaza Pelícanos Grand resort which is beautiful but we wanted to stay an extra night however there was no vacancy so we ended up staying here. First impression not good.... thank good it was just one night! the lobby is under construction..... which was not mentioned when booking. The bar is tiny and the buffet is crap.... like something you would see in a crew mess. There was no towels for the pool! Everything's old and out of date. The rooms where okay however the pillows are extremely old and lumpy and also there where no blankets in the room and it was cold at night. There was also no bed for our baby and no sterilising place for baby's bottles like in the grand pelicanos! I would definitely recommended paying the extra few dollars and staying at the grand. The pool bar staff were attentive and Steve the bell boy was great. I've travelled all over Mexico and stayed in hostels nicer than this.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2017

This is a family orientated hotel if that's what your looking for. If your looking to have a good time with some drinks and other hotel guests then this hotel is not for you. There is 2 pools both with a swim up bar. There is no area after 10 to have a drink but in the lobby area. You have to leave the resort to have any late night drinks. Pretty laid back atmosphere.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jaime F, Resort Manager at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Dear Leona,
Thank you for choosing us to your recent holidays and also for taking your time to share you experience by Tipadvisor.
Puerto Vallarta and Plaza Pelicanos Club will be pleased and honored to receive you again, and create another unforgettable memory.
Best regards

Reviewed 7 February 2017

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the staff! Carlos in the evening a la cartes and dining room is a hoot. Ulyses in the lobby bar even set up the tv for me so I could watch the Australian Open late night. Angeles we would see everyday at the outside pool, doesn't speak much English but her smile lights up the entire deck. The entire crew for morning buffet is fantastic and just bent over backwards to make everyone happy.
The hotel is experiencing a huge renovation at the moment so we were offered the use of the Pelicanos Grand as well which was awesome. We preferred the people at Club Beach and would go over to the Grand to the 9th floor Skybar which is amazing! Next year this hotel will be even better.
I noticed many people do not like that you cross over the cobblestone road, (which is not thru traffic), to go to the beach/pool deck. It is closer walking there then some large hotels so don't be discouraged. I truly miss the staff and got a hug from everyone leaving and tears on my way out. Don't worry about the renovations, the staff will make you feel right at home. MISS YOU GUYS!
Our room faced the pool on 2nd floor. No ocean views at this hotel. Pools are nice and the big pool even has lunchtime barbeque, activities and more. Would I go back, you bet!

Room Tip: Main floor has a patio, 2nd and 3rd floor are less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Jaime F, Resort Manager at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear April T,

We sincerely appreciated your wonderful review and we are honoring for your mention in the staff compliments for their hard work and commitment to your experience. Also I want to express our gratitude to take the time for sharing your holidays.
This really does motivate us to continue to maintain, improve standards and continue being a friendly hotel, always striving to put service first at the heart we do, because one of the goal in this Hotel is our guest satisfaction.

I will be happy to serve you again and we sincerely hope to welcome you back many more times

Best regards

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Had a wonderful 2 weeks. Hotel was clean and staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel. Great value for the money. The beach was somewhat rough but there are 2 pools plus a kids pool on the resort so there was no lack of water fun.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jaime F, Resort Manager at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Srpaine,
We feel so honored that you chose us and that you enjoyed our facilities, but more than that, because you enjoyed our friendly staff. Thank you very much wonderful review and also for sharing your experience and recomendation by this network.
Warmest regarding and best regards until we meet again here in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Sincerely.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Everyone was so kind and helpful. Would reccomend because of the service. Drink we're very good. Staff always took care of you and if needed anything they we're there. Manger was also very helpful with our room switch.

1  Thank holdenc239
Jaime F, Resort Manager at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear Holden,

Thank you for staying with us, and taking your time to share with our riders your personal opinion.
I am sure that our team is delighted to know you enjoyed your experience in Plaza Pelicanos Club, I express my gratitude on behalf our all team, because you gave us the most wonderful tip, that we can received “you recommendation” encourage our days.
Please don´t hesitate to contact me before your next visit, I would like to take care of you with myself

Sincerely