“A Real Mexican Experience”
Review of Marisma

Marisma
Ranked #26 of 1,154 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 26 September 2017

If you're looking for authentic seafood street tacos in Mexico, look no further. Don't listen to any tourist magazine, taxi driver, or friend back home and take it from a diehard foodie and a girl who has a PhD in taco eating: THIS IS THE PLACE! Marisma Fish Taco is a gem and it's on my must-eat list every time I'm in Puerto Vallarta (which is about once a year).

The hours of this little taco cart vary, so don't be surprised if you first show up and they're closed. I find that going around lunchtime during the week gives you your best shot at catching them open for business. This is as local as it gets, and most of the workers swing by for a quick, satisfying and cheap lunch on the go. This place is hard to find because it's off the beaten path and is far down a small side street. Have patience and you'll eventually stumble upon it. Look for their orange and blue signage and you'll know you have arrived.

The taco cart has limited seating on wooden stools so you may have to wait for a seat. Belly up to the counter and place your order. You pay after you're done eating. Bring pesos for the best deal. This is one of the cheapest and tastiest meals you'll have in Mexico. Trust me.

I am partial to the grilled shrimp quesadillas, made in the traditional way which is basically like a taco with melted cheese inside, not the Americanized version that has two tortillas with the stuffing in between. The corn tortillas are made to order right in front of you and they are incredibly delicious. I could eat them by the dozen.

Homemade salsas are available for free (watch out because some of them will light your mouth on fire!) and tasty. The menu is straightforward and small, and they excel at seafood tacos of all kinds.

One word of caution: this isn't the place for food snobs or for people who aren't adventurous eaters. This is straight up basic street food (with a bucket and hand sanitizer for hand washing when the small outdoor sink doesn't work) and you literally sit in almost in the middle of a busy street!

Pro tip: there's a convenience store on the corner nearby. Pop in before dining and buy a cheap can of beer to drink with your tacos.

2  Thank moviegal226

Reviewed 26 August 2017

A few years ago while on vacation our tour guide brought us here. The food was incredible so now anytime a family member is in town again, we head over for fish tacos. The thing that takes Mariana to another level is the fresh tortillas and salsa. I met the owner on my most recent visit in June 2017. She was so nice and genuinely grateful that we enjoy the food so much. Anyone visiting the city should definitely eat here!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Went to this place for some seafood tacos based on recommendation from a hotel's staff and it's so worth it. The shrimp tostadas are to die for. My friends and I were just looking for a snack, but ended up having a so much tacos and tostadas, we had to skip lunch. If you are into street food, you have to checkout this place.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We've been here twice now and both times amazing. I'm not usually a fried-shrimp taco gal but these are amazing. We've tried the fried fish, fried shrimp, smoked Marin and grilled shrimp and the fried shrimp are the winners although all are good. Served with a caddy of 3 salsas. Make sure to add the chipotle sauce, it's the bomb. Their daily agua Frescas are also super tasty. Two can eat easily for way less than $200 pesos. Yum! Oh, and did I mention they make the tortillas to order for the tacos?? No beer but you can apparently bring your own from the nearby convenience store.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We came here as part of the Vallarta Eats Food Tour and it was one of my favorite stops. I wish I was more hungry so I could've eaten more - the fish taco was one of the best I've ever had and the sauces were delicious. Affordable and delicious.