“Reheating Pies”

The Leek and Thistle Pie Company
Cuisines: British
Description: Not a Restaurant , But the most amazing British style meat pies, fruit pies and mini quiche. perfect for staying in and watching the sunsets
Reviewed 24 March 2018

First, if you are making your own meals in PV, you MUST buy some of L&T pies. They are delicious and make a wonderful meal.

On heating, we found that they can be(contrary to other reviews) nicely reheated win a microwave, and in their tin foil plates. Thaw them completely to room temperature. Remove the plastic wrap. Pierce the tops of the pies to let steam escape.

Heat the pies in their plates in the oven at high temp for three minutes. The bottoms of the plates should be hot to the touch. If not give the pies another minute, or until the bottom is hot. Turn the pies onto plates and let cool briefly. Enjoy with a salad.... superb.

2  Thank DO5458

Reviewed 3 March 2018

it's hard to walk past this place without buying one of his delicious pies. We walk past on our way to Costco and always stop to chat and usually buy a pie to take home. Pies you won't find in the rest of the city and a true taste of back home (UK) baking.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I go by every day, on my way to work. One of those days I deiced to stop and try. I was captured!!! And have tried different other days, but it's always closed and no info about opening hours...
BUT THE PIES ARE EXQUISITE...sweet or salty...so many options, all fresh and tasty...a bit high in price for locals...but from now an then a perfect excuse to pamper yourself with a divine pie....

1  Thank thaliaMsp
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Have been buying pies and other Brit food from Mark since he began his business...........absolutely awesome .........,,,,,,,,,we usually purchase quantities and freeze them so that we can have a meal without any preparation at short notice............he puts in excellent ingredients and is certainly a Master of his Trade!!!!

1  Thank JWK_11
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I'd been entertaining quite a bit and needed something easy for an upcoming dinner and card night for six. Since I'd tried one of Mark's shepherd's pies from the Saturday market, I decided that I wanted to serve this, but not in individual aluminum containers. My husband and I went to the shop and bought 6 frozen shepherd's pies. When they were slightly defrosted, I popped them out of their containers and fitted them into a 9 x 12 casserole dish by doing some cutting. Only 5 were needed to fill the dish. When served with a vegetable and a salad, there was more than enough for six people. It was delicious!

1  Thank Lynn M