“English type pies.”

The Leek and Thistle Pie Company
Cuisines: British
Description: Not a Restaurant , But the most amazing British style meat pies, fruit pies and mini quiche. perfect for staying in and watching the sunsets
Reviewed 3 March 2018

it's hard to walk past this place without buying one of his delicious pies. We walk past on our way to Costco and always stop to chat and usually buy a pie to take home. Pies you won't find in the rest of the city and a true taste of back home (UK) baking.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I go by every day, on my way to work. One of those days I deiced to stop and try. I was captured!!! And have tried different other days, but it's always closed and no info about opening hours...
BUT THE PIES ARE EXQUISITE...sweet or salty...so many options, all fresh and tasty...a bit high in price for locals...but from now an then a perfect excuse to pamper yourself with a divine pie....

1  Thank thaliaMsp
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Have been buying pies and other Brit food from Mark since he began his business...........absolutely awesome .........,,,,,,,,,we usually purchase quantities and freeze them so that we can have a meal without any preparation at short notice............he puts in excellent ingredients and is certainly a Master of his Trade!!!!

1  Thank JWK_11
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I'd been entertaining quite a bit and needed something easy for an upcoming dinner and card night for six. Since I'd tried one of Mark's shepherd's pies from the Saturday market, I decided that I wanted to serve this, but not in individual aluminum containers. My husband and I went to the shop and bought 6 frozen shepherd's pies. When they were slightly defrosted, I popped them out of their containers and fitted them into a 9 x 12 casserole dish by doing some cutting. Only 5 were needed to fill the dish. When served with a vegetable and a salad, there was more than enough for six people. It was delicious!

1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 14 January 2017

This review are for people who have strong principles about not doing business with disrespectful businessmen. It is hard for me to think of this "Mark" the owner as a businessman after my experience with him at the Zona Romantica Farmers Market on January 14, 2017. I walked up to his stand to ask about the reheating process for his quiches, and he mocked my questions with juvenile tone and sarcasm. Why would he ridicule a potential customer for not knowing how to reheat his products?

I ask all strong principled people not to do business with Mark and his pies. There is a nice lady who sales organic flan and quiches on the Cardenas side (mid point) of the market who was very helpful when I asked about her products even though her voice was horse. She is a good example of businesswoman who knows how to treat customers with respect.

If you do decide to do business with Mark and his pies, feel free to share this review with him.

3  Thank 415california
Mark H, Owner at The Leek and Thistle Pie Company, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Good Morning 415california
Thank you for your comments and let me start with an apology for ridiculing or upsetting you in front of your friends .
It was obviously very traumatic for you to respond with your first Trip Advisor review

The majority of my customers clients understand my market banter and humour especially on an early Saturday morning Market , when the majority of food vendors have been up half the night and 5 am rise to get there products to the market on time and to the designated areas .
Your comment ¨How do i heat this
my response ; Normally in an oven
You ; i dont have an oven
My self ; would you like me to buy you an oven

Totally uncalled for i dont know what i was thinking !!

Perhaps next time you visit a market you should check what times the market is officially opens ( 9.30) it was 8.30 and the vendors are setting up we have allocated times for arrival ,set up and break down .
Again i apologise for your lack of knowledge on how to reheat a food product that does not involve hot water or a microwave going ping .....the majority of my customers are from an age group that know such things
yours sincerely Mark