“Success!! Expect the best!”

Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
Ranked #48 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I know I have reviewed this place before, however after the last visit, which I had an accident on the property I wanted to review again. We had the best trip ever with the comp days they gave us and a beautifully located room. Waking up each day to the ocean view and seeing the sunset at night (along with many nights of fireworks) was perfect. The chef had made some changes for the better on the breakfast offerings which made my inner N.Y. happy with bagels an lox everyday! Not to say there weren't many good choices with or without Mexican flare and seasonings, my husband the chorizo guy loved it! The nightly entertainment also had some new shows and costumes that were really quite good! The best part was the place was quiet and relaxing at this time of year (the 2 weeks before Thanksgiving) as opposed to the chaos in late June and early July that we encountered due to giant graduation crowds. So, watch when you reserve your time. We'll probably go back next year for a 4th time. The hospitality people are amazingly helpful. Highly recommend for couples and families, location across from the marina is perfect and for less than $1 you can take the bus downtown right outside the front door. Enjoyment at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juliette B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,846)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We bought Melia timeshare about 13 yrs ago and it was one of my worse decisions! I can’t even find someone to give it to. The fees are certainly not invested in the room furnishings or overall upkeep. The resort has gone downhill over the years. We had not been back in the last 3yrs and we won’t be back again. This place may bode well for young party folks or young families.

Btw, if purchased separately the all-inclusive is up to $60 a day per person and definitely not worth it.

Live and learn. Overall this has been an expensive lesson!

I will say that most of the servers are the best thing Melia has going for them. They work long hours and really hard - please tip them!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2017

when you get caught up in a terrible experience. I traveled with a lady friend, not relationship. she became upset because I said for her to purchase her own ticket for rhythms of the night. I had spend thousands on her. she said no, so I had my ticket and off I went, great show.... while I was there at the show, lady gets angry, revengeful. goes to front desk, says my man friend has taken my passport, personal information from me.
next morning we are walking through lobby when Susana comes and says you two are to leave melia immediately!! I asked what is going on please, lady friend becomes frantic saying NO everything is okay... NO Susana said, please leave immediately..
I called 911 for police, accusation I had taken her passport is quite serious in Mexico.. police come and senior staff member rushes out in front of me, starts talking to police which I had called. I went straight to room got MY belonging, including travel documents from safe, ladies was not in safe. she new safe password.
I went down to lobby where police and staff were now able to again speak with me. lady friend had said she was scared, and I had her passport. I said I do not know where it is, not in safe.
police, staff, and lady friend went to room while I spoke to other two police. regarding this incident which appears to be a fabricated story out of revenge.
when they came down, I asked the staff member does she have her travel documents....... yes. where they inside the safe.......no..
lady friend then said she wanted to return home soon, staff member said she would assist her. I took my stuff and left the Melia. my trust in this staff was totally zero!!!
then when I returned home, lady friend had Susana from staff assist her to change booked flight to a different day. there was a extra charge required to be paid, susna advised westjet to simple charge credit card number on file....mine!! I was not even there. this is fraud!! now my card has been canceled , wow... what a nightmare....
good thing I am a very experienced person to call police for keeping the peace.

do not trust this Melia administration staff...

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank canada59
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Check in was a breeze, check out just as simple, staff was knowledgeable and very helpful. We enjoyed dinner with our group of 13 twice they catered to the kids and kept them happy along with keeping the adults smiling. Edgar made sure we were happy at the buffet and the à la carte keeping the drinks flowing and our wine topped up. Angel was by far the best pool server , topping up our drinks and always making sure the kids had water or pop. Freddy at the activity centre was top notch my only regret was not paddle boarding from day one and being hesitant for the first couple of days, Freddy made the check in and getting in and out of the water simple and safe. We couldn’t have chose a better resort, we felt safe, there was so many activities fun for the whole family, everyone was welcoming and informative, rooms were cleaned and mini bar was stocked daily. Thank you for making our week so stress free.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We had premium service and for the first time it was the WORST service during the check in had our room until 5, the room cleaning HORRIBLE, it was full, people not respecting the line NO MANAGER to control the tables the food NO VARIETY.
The pool service BAD. The checkout URRR this lady instead of asking us how was our vaca NO she said "you need to pay to massage"! So we told her yes we pay took our bracelets and left INCREDIBLY DISGUSTED.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family