4,315 results
All reviews kids club rifle shooting time share lobby bar bunk beds italian restaurant nightly shows rock climbing hot dogs family resort huge pool garden view a la carte restaurants musty smell marina area all inclusives ocean front
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We booked Melia for a family reunion. If you want an authentic Mexican experience, including food choices, this is the place for you. If you have children, this is the place for you. If you want to watch busloads of HUNDREDS (300 the first time) of people (for us it was teenagers) unload into the resort, this place is for you. The resort also seems to be THE place for local conferences, inundating the facility with hundreds of people. We got a couple different answers when we asked what was going on. I watched as another English couple asked the same question about why there was hundreds of teenagers in the lobby. The employee lied to them. I had made a friend who was Mexican and an employee of Melia and he had told me the truth, so I told them the truth. He told me that Melia offers their facilities at discounted prices for the in country population.

What we were never told was the Melia is the resort that caters to primarily Spanish speaking folks. It would go easier for you if you can speak Spanish. The waiters try to accommodate the very few English speaking guests that were there when we were there, but there were a few that literally rolled their eyes at us. Twice I had employees at the front desk have a conversation and then walk away without acknowledging me. They were standing across the desk from me. We did have many very very friendly staff encounters and enjoyed their patience and helpfulness as we tried to speak Spanish. They made our stay enjoyable. It's too bad that the front desk people put a shadow on that. Edgar was one of the nicest waiters!

The facilities were being repaired when we were there. It is run down, so it needs extensive repair. The elevator broke down numerous times! There were two elevators, but only one was being used when we were there. We had a family member that had mobility issues, so it was very inconvenient. They were quite slow in fixing it. We reported it 3 times by 3 different family members on one breakdown and each time the front desk would say they didn't know and it would be fixed right away. It was 2 hours before it was running again. If you see the elevator at 4 th floor and not moving, start walking the stairs. Our room was cleaned well for the first few days. We had tipped the cleaner. But after 4 days, we weren't given any bathroom products, the mini bar ( bottled water, pop and beer) wasn't stocked, no cleaning in living area etc. We had little white spiders crawling all over the counters.

Basically, we felt very mislead as to what type of resort we had booked into. To us, it was poor value for the money. We won't be back

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Camscribe
Michel A, General Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Camscribe:

Thank you for taking part of your time, to let us know about your recent stay at the Melia Puerto Vallarta.

Unfortunately looks like we could not match your travel expectations and I am sorry to learn about it.

I would like to make some comments regarding your observations as well. Melia Hotels and Resorts is an international company with Hotels and Resorts located in almost every single continent.
We cater local and international business all over the world and we try our best to satisfy all the travelers needs as good as possible.
We sometimes fail in our effort but it looks like you were expecting an American style Resort right in one of the most Mexican cities such as Puerto Vallarta.

Also this is a resort where groups and families are welcome, individual national and international guests are also welcome.

We are working very hard to update our facilities, including elevators which it is a working in progress at this very moment. All 10 service elevators will be removed and new ones are coming our way to replace them.

I will also share your observations regarding our front office staff with the head of department. We will take actions to correct their attitude as soon as possible. This is unacceptable if we want to provide an excellent experience at all levels.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused and we hope to have the chance to welcome in our resort in the future, and show you the upgrades made in our facilites and also our service.

My best regards,

Michel Albahari

Reviewed 11 November 2017

This facility is good for the family if you have little kids, but it may not be good enough if you have pre-teens and teens. Not much to do once you have spend a couple of days. It may be a good idea if you are planning on spending your day at the many attractions available outside the facility. The pool is crowded and the drinks are watered down. The food choices are limited to a couple of places and the food is average to low average. Every night the hotel offers entertainment for the whole family, but only a couple of shows are worth your time. The facility needs a face lift. In particular the pool, you may see the workers cleaning the dirty filters with water hoses and you may not want to go in the water after that.

Room tip: Rooms in the far side tower may offer the best ocean view.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Arturo M
Reviewed 8 November 2017

It seems like this was a great hotel in the 90s, but thats not good in 2017. The entire hotel is ok, it has a good pool, beach, and activities for kids. It could use some work because it seems you're in good hotel back in the 90s.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Very impressed with this All Inclusive resort. They offer so much activities for small children and babies. Location very good in the Marina area on a good beach.Rooms were recently renovated. Free internet in the lobby.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I haven't even been to this resort yet (booked for February) and my overall experience so far with customer service is horrible. Here are the highlights (or should I say lowlights):
- Since I pre-paid, they are not willing to apply my rewards number to my reservation. Their exact response to me via email regarding this was: "Dear Mrs. Sorenson,
I am sorry about your discomfort for choosing a special rate which does not allowed any changes in your reservation." Really?! So, it's my fault that I am not comfortable?
- Then, on their website they advertise $400 in resort credits which was a huge factor in my decision. I asked about that and their response was: "Regarding the gift voucher, we are sorry about the missunderstood, you can find the conditions always in the link of the offer at the website". Huh? Super helpful.
- Last, they offer a "free gift" for booking online. I have not seen this and have been completely ignored when I asked about it.

If I could cancel this hotel, I would do it immediately.

Date of stay: February 2017