1,750 results
All reviews beach club plunge pool sister resort grand class suite emiliano restaurant minute shuttle ride main resort boutique hotel shrimp burrito our honeymoon vista vallarta lobby bar hotel pool an adults only resort all inclusive resort aqua bar chief concierge
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I am a golf travel writer, so I am used to being pampered, wined and dined by hotels looking to make a good impression on me. That being said, the trip to PV Oct 21-27 was a vacation for my wife and I, not a business trip. The experience at Casa Velas was by far the best vacation we've ever been on. That was due to being served by the best staff I've ever had on any trip. From check-in to check-out, the service was perfect. We loved the food at Emilianos, the pool with its swim-up bar, the lovely grounds complete with peacocks and even the occassional iguana. We didn't even feel the need to leave the hotel. The staff learns your names and from then on you feel like friends. Omar, Edgar, Benny, Ricardo, Fredy, Sergio, Marina, Lorena in the spa and David were just a few of staff who we will look forward to seeing again. The three golf courses which are part of the Casa Velas package are all more than worthwhile to play, but like I said, it's hard to leave the hotel. The Beach Club is intimate and there is a beautiful view of the coast from the infinity pool. Excellent dinners are served there as well.
Missing a day of our vacation due to the evacuation from Hurricane Patricia just made the return to Casa Velas more sweet. Check out Bridgette A's review for more information about the hurricane. As a result of the "inconvenience", we were given a free three night stay in the future. We would come back anyway, now it's a sure thing!

Room tip: The master suites are beautiful!
3  Thank richardgA1579GO
Reviewed 1 November 2015

We were guests of Casa Velas from 10/21 through 10/27. It was our second visit, this time during a hurricane. We cant't give enough applause to our hosts for their amazing hospitality throughout our stay. We felt complete confidence in their management and logistics throughout the threat of Patricia, and while it turned out to be a speed bump for us, the team at Casa Velas and Velas Vallarta were stellar. Casa Velas remains a Garden of Eden, so beautiful and peaceful. The Spa is first class and the food at Emiliano is beyond compare. But, it's the people who make the experiemce. A huge compliment to Carina,Jorge at Casa Velas, Jorge at the Beach Club, Edgar, Omar, Freddy, Daniel, Benny, and Ricardo. I'm sure we forgot some names, but EACH person makes a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you next time! Thank you!

4  Thank B W
Reviewed 28 October 2015

My husband and I just returned home from our second visit to Casa Velas, 10/22-10/28. If you've been aware of the news recently, that happened to be when Hurricane Patricia, the most destructive/severe hurricane ever recorded, was projected to come to PV. The staff could not have handled the situation better. They were exceptionally calm, which given that PV has not had a hurricane in 50 years, is saying something. They told us we needed to be evacuated, and so we were, to Velas Vallarta (sister hotel nearby) and then to a local school when we were told by the Governor of PV that the hotel was not safe enough. The staff stayed with us the entire time, and thankfully the hurricane never hit PV. We have been to PV with storms far bigger than Patricia! That said, no one knew that was going to be the case. Although the evacuation was uncomfortable and scary, the staff did everything they could possibly do to keep us comfortable. We had plenty of water, food, blankets, pillows, and updates as often as possible. Can't say enough about how well they handled the situation.

The rest of the trip was pretty great. We arrived before the hurricane with strawberries and champagne in our room, and they somehow upgraded us to a nicer room than we had reserved! The staff knew our names immediately and always addressed us by name. After the hurricane, we were blessed with amazing weather--sunshine, low humidity, and if you can believe it--no rain! The breakfast staff at Emiliano's was amazing--especially Omar. He was our waiter often, and was so friendly. I'm still dreaming about their breakfast specials. The pool staff and the beach club staff were fantastic as well. Fredy and Jorge made us specialty cocktails with some true mixology! We asked for "something spicy with vodka" and a "gin drink with champagne" and they did not disappoint. They had more cocktails for us before we finished our last ones. What service! Of course, what can we say about Emiliano's for lunch and especially dinner... we are extremely picky with food, having been spoiled by years of living in San Francisco. Emiliano's lives up to some great restaurants, and it is far better than anything we have found in Orange County. The seafood is so fresh! The plating is amazing. There just aren't enough words.

If there were any drawbacks to our trip, it would be that the room keys were having trouble (ours stopped working multiple times--easily fixed, though once the front desk was a little put out by my request to fix them--but even the staff's keys didn't work at times!). The other suggestion I have would be to improve the wine! I love some great wine and I truly think there are really, really affordable bottles that taste delicious, which might be found by hiring a sommelier to bring them in--just as a one-time consultations to get some good wines in there. I also would recommend that the rest of the list--the upgrade wines--be offered with a credit for all inclusive guests. For example, if they allow us to have an all inclusive bottle worth $10, how about offering that $10 toward one of the more expensive, upgrade wines. Just a thought. But truly, if the wine list for all inclusive was improved, I don't even think I could think of a single "room for improvement" at Casa Velas.

Everything here is so wonderful but the staff cannot be beat. We loved both of our visits and are already plotting our return. The grounds, the rooms, the experience... it's one of a kind. In fact, this is the only resort we have ever been back to because we like to try new things. But that's why Casa Velas is different. To top things off, they even drove us to the airport when we requested a taxi to go home. Service, service, service. If only they could send that home with us too!!

4  Thank Bridgette A
Reviewed 27 October 2015

This hotel is AMAZING! The grounds are beautiful, the rooms filled with many amenities, and the staff so gracious. They can’t seem to do enough for their guests. Everyone has a smile on and works hard to ensure your stay is the best. The food is great and I would highly suggest going to their beach club. Right on the ocean with a wait staff to prepare food and drinks whenever you like. Anything you could want or need is right there in a very intimate setting. At the hotel, check out unlimited drinks at the swim up bar! I would go as far to say I would not return to Puerto Vallarta and stay anywhere else but Casa Velas.
The menus at the restaurant are varied and the food very good. The plate presentation for every entrée is eye appealing. They will do whatever they can to accommodate your food requests. Every variety of beverage is offered and prepared with a smile. They have special food theme events and other entertainment, such as casino night, to add to your enjoyment.
We happen to be there when Hurricane Patricia hit. I can only say I am very humbled by the manner in which we were treated; like family. They put our safety and comfort before theirs. We were first evacuated to their sister hotel where they had cots set up for us along with plenty of food, games, and a movie screen. Later, due to a reassessment of the severity of the situation, were moved to the Puerto Vallarta University. They had a doctor there for us, returned to the hotel in the inclement weather to prepare food and brought it back to the University along with water to make sure we were not hungry. They kept us calm and informed all during this crisis. Even though the storm was not their fault upon checking out we were provided compensation for the unfortunate situation. MORE than gracious and something we did not expect.
I can’t begin to say enough about this resort, their staff, and their management. PLEASE do not stay anywhere else when visiting Puerto Vallarta. You will be happy you stayed at Casa Velas.

Room tip: I loved the Master Suites
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 27 October 2015

I was at Casa Velas recently with my husband and friends for a 5 day get away. We were all there during hurricane Patricia. Let me tell you the service from the hotel staff before, during, and after the so called hurricane that never hit Puerto Vallarta was excellent. The hotel did evacuated us for the day and CAME with us. Yes, that is correct including the Vice President of the hotel and the General Manager. They could have gone home and evacuated their own families but instead came with the hotel guest to ensure our safety and well being. I would definitely come back to stay at this resort time and time again for the wonderful accommodations and for the excellent service that they offer.

3  Thank Jennifer S