All reviews gay beach gay hotel zona romantica every morning pool area yogurt other guests rooms are basic los muertos pier plenty of hot water green chairs small hotel king room romantic zone small pool cleaned every day ceiling fan
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Our 7th time at Hotel Mercurio. We love this hotel. The staff is WONDERFUL, and the amenities are awesome! Jorges bar is a not very well kept secret throughout town. The front desk staff is second to none, and housekeeping always does a WONDERFUL job! Every time we visit they have upgraded something, and now they have a full service kitchen too!!! The noise next door with the new construction was off-putting but hey that's going on all over town!!
Rooms are basic but clean, and the free breakfast is 2nd to NONE in town!!!
Gabriel and his staff are always trying to provide the best experience for their guests. We ALWAYS get greeted when we return with "Hola" and a big hug! Our family in Mexico!

Room Tip: 3rd floor King rooms on street side the best!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike44126
cristpd, Owner at Hotel Mercurio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thanks Mike! Its all about loving what you do and always thinking about how to exceed expectations. For folks like you that bless us with longstanding loyalty and "know what to expect when you come for another visit," exceeding your expectations can be a challenge... but that's what makes it fun!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

This is my second time to stay here, and just like I said in my first review... If you are looking for the resort experience this may not be the place for you. It's clean, it's simple, but the staff is as you will read over and over again about this hotel they are so nice and so accommodating and friendly. The rooms aren't fancy but they have everything you need: a clean comfortable bed, A/C, bathroom with an indoor shower and toilet lol. They have breakfast every morning that is included in your rate and its awesome. In the afternoon up until about 10pm they have a bar and it's great place to meet some of the guests and even some of the locals. They also now have food available (room service) up until about 10pm,.
While I do like to do the resort experience, this place is perfect for me when I go to Puerto Vallarta. I'm busy hanging out at the beach, going on excursions or hitting up the numerous gay bars and entertainment venues.
I love the staff there and can't wait to see them again this Fall.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are on 2nd and 3rd floors
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank MarknPSCa
cristpd, Owner at Hotel Mercurio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

We are looking forward to seeing you again, too! Glad we could be a part of your fantastic vacation!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I was looking for a simple low key place to unwind for ten days with sun and near the beach. I was really happy to find Hotel Mercurio a block from the beach in the heart of the Romantic Zone. Their hotel courtyard area serves as a gathering place for all meals and drinks, with a nice little pool to cool off in. What makes the place magic are the staff---Luis at the front desk was incredibly helpful everyday-- and pointed me in the right direction to meet all my needs. When I first arrived I asked if I could have a courtyard view room, instead of the street side I was booked into, and he arranged it immediately, after serving a welcome fruit and chocolate dish. Carlos the chef makes the most incredible breakfast specials and is a warm-hearted soul. If you want highrise glitz, you can sure find that in Puerto Vallarta--but if you want a tidy and sweet stay, to feel like part of a community--enjoy Hotel Mercurio.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank GlobalGuyAGoGo
cristpd, Owner at Hotel Mercurio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed your stay and glad we could help make your vacation a memorable one! Visit again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Was here recently for 4 nights. Location is excellent, right in the middle of where you want to be. Easy access to beaches, nightlife, shops and restaurants. Reservation easy, as was check in. Facility, well, didn't expect much, so I guess it met expectations. Room was ok sized. This is traditional Mexican construction (concrete and stucco, and lots of it!). That said, the room offered what I needed. Good bed, kept very clean. Just wish they could 'fluff up' the room. Closet is open boarding in the bathroom, would think this would be an easy update opportunity without breaking the bank and would be able to accommodate the bldg. construction. All staff were extremely nice and friendly. Included breakfast was amazing. Items were available, plus they would cook anything you wanted. The property is built around the courtyard the small pool in the middle. Afternoon/evenings were very popular, so noise level can be quite loud at times. All in all a good stay. Met some nice people at breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Gabriel B, Manager at Hotel Mercurio, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are always changing something in Hotel Mercurio, and certainly, closets are on the list. We look forward to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

This is a fun little spot to have a drink or two before heading out to dinner. The bartender Jorge is funny and entertaining. There are rooms to rent for around 100 U.S. dollars. I have not stayed there. I only come because of the bartender is a blast.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank nohiphop
Mercuriostaff, Bartender at Hotel Mercurio, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Jorge sends you a big hug!