“No Complaints” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
ontario
“No Complaints”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

We did alot of research before we chose Las Palmas. Was our 3rd trip to Puerta Vallarta and had stayed in other hotels. As we are on a 2 week plan and budget, the Las Palmas met all our needs. In our book it rates as a 31/2 star. We looked at some of the 4 stars and they can really bump up the price. We had an oceanfront room with the best view, bathroon was new and modern, a private balcony and everything was fairly new. The maids did a fantastic job every day. Lots of hot water, but if you shower when everyone else is you could run out. The buffet always had a different theme night, and we always left full. They displayed and presented well, if you have been on a cruise you will see a differnce. Breakfast had omelletes, pancakes., some of their disher that are quite tasty.We were always full. Sometimes you had to get the waiter to get your drink, they were quite busy at times. Pools were kept clean as was the hottub. They were even polishing the concrete one day. The shows were different and the Circus one was fantastic. It is of a smaller scale hotel but it has its own ambience. I did change my room from the first one I was given, I didn't make a fuss just asked kindly and I got it no problem. The pool bar closed at 11pm, but most were ready by then. You load up if you want more or go out. We bused many times downtown and had a blast. Would like to say a special thank you to Juan at the front desk and David at the Coco Bar. Wish we were stil there!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tripsrmeOntario

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

One of the best parts of this hotel is its personable environment. It's very easy to get to meet other people in the hotel. I was very surprised by the courtesy from all the staff, from housekeeping to food staff. The activities directors were fantastic, who I got to know by name over our week at Las Palmas. They organize daytime events, a night time show (dancers, acrobats, flame jugglers, really good stuff), and night time trips to a club. The food was mainly through a buffet, but there was a good variety from night to night, so the food didnt get boring. We had a beach front view, but we hardly needed it because just about everything in the hotel is beach front (restaurant, bar, pools, etc.).
Summary: The very good staff and environment is what makes this hotel. Bring your own pillow though, the ones in the room were like a sack of potatoes.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank MyLeftFeet
bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

I missed my flight and this hotel was recommended by my travel guide as good price for an all inclusive. I only had one night to stay there, thank goodness!

I had to check out the TV remote with a deposit, and had to pay for a lock for the safe. There were shopping carts around the hotel which the staff use to move things around the resort. There was a line up to eat in the restaurant, which I had to sign in with my name, room number and bracelet ID. I sat through the entire meal without any drink service.

The walls around the toilet were nasty. I honestly have never stayed in a hotel that made me feel so icky. I will say that the bar staff were very friendly and I never had to wait for a refill. Drinking was the only way to make it through this experience!

Check out time was noon, I was gone by 10.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank gnurider
Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

My 14 year old Grandaughter & I stayed at the Las Palmas for 1 week. It was a very good place to stay, the staff were very friendly & accomodating, the rooms were clean & comfortable ,the meals were awesome & The nightly entertainment was very good. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Puert0VallartaL0ver
sask
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a week and this is my take.
ROOMS clean and everything worked we had lots of hot water but our friends on the 3rd floor had very little.
SERVICE not as good as other hotels we stayed at, but it was okay.
FOOD was bad,bad,bad. I love eating and put it this way i didnt eat for 2 days because it was always the same.
LOCATION was to far from old town.
NOTICE dont go walking after dark by yourself in this area,i have spent alot of time in pv and never had anything bad happen but 1 hour after we arrived at this hotel i got arrested for stealing 4 bottles of water from the oxxo store down the street. I did pay for the water and i think the kid working at the store set me up when he seen my bank roll. ok this is what happend after paying for my water i walked out and a white chevy truck pulled up and 2 police officers got out and said in mexico you have to pay for water now i have to pay him or go to jail i didnt back down and they forced me in the back of the truck and sad i would be in jail for about 3 months before a judge could hear my case. So i jumped out of the truck and said ok how much do you want they told me all my money i said no and gave them $100 cnd and asked if i could go.they said yes and i went back to the hotel.In the days to follow we heard more stories about the police getting money from people staying at this hotel.We were told that pv has a new mayor and he is the one doing this because the old mayor spent to much money. So long story short DONT go walking alone at night. There is a guy that walks this area he tells people that he runs the car wash down the street, he always has a red rag in his hand and hangs out in front of the hotel. Just a heads up he sets people up with the cops and the give him money for his part in this scam. So if you see him tell him he is a bad bad bad man and he needs to get a life, also if you want to freak him out tell him artigo says HI. Here is a tip stay in old town were there is alot of people around and stay clear of this hotel. I know that people will be upset with this review but if you check my other reviews i think you will see that i call it the way i see it. I will never stay in this area again, but i would be nice to run into this cop again (maybe when he is in canada on a vacation)hahaha.

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends